Ship Your Car To Or From Egypt.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For a normal car transported in a shipping container, costs for shipping to Egypt from the U.S. start at $2,900 and go up to $6,000 for larger vehicles and other methods of delivery.
Importing your vehicle into a foreign country can prove to be a costly and complex process, but if you do the research and arm yourself with a great auto transport company, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Egypt has two options for importing vehicles; temporary or permanent. Both are based on the length of time the vehicle will remain in the country.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
- Shubra El-Kheima
- Port Said
- Al Mansoura
- El Mahalla El Kubra
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Egypt
- Certificate or Origin.
- Registration card.
- Non-sale certificate.
- Official certificate of manufacturing date.
- Proof of insurance.
- Bill of lading.
- Valid B1 Visa.
This scenario ONLY applies to foreigners working a temporary job in Egypt and allows the individual to avoid paying all customs duties and taxes.
- Documents Needed: Work Permit and Work Residence Visa
- In this situation, the vehicle’s owner or their employer must provide a bank letter of guarantee that covers the entire amount that would usually be due for customs duty and tax. This entire amount will be reimbursed/released upon re-exportation out of Egypt at the end of the work period.
Trip Ticket: There is an additional unique temporary scenario regarding vehicles in an auto club in which they are allowed to enter Egypt for a period of 3 months (renewable for an additional 3 months maximum) on a tourist basis. This scheme is both duty and tax free as well.
Vehicles imported into Egypt permanently must adhere to a certain set of rules as follows:
- The owners of used vehicles must present proof that he/she is the first AND only owner of the vehicle since the manufacturing date.
- For new cars, the vehicle must be shipped within the first year of being manufactured.
- All cars are subject to customs duties and taxes.
- Custom duties range from 40%-135% based on the valuation of the vehicle.
- Taxes vary between 10%-35%.
The vehicle’s valuation is calculated based on the CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight totals) and that total is how the duties and taxes are determined.
The Egypt Customs website is a great resource for preparing to ship your vehicle. Please be aware that because rules and regulations are constantly changing, it is in your best interest to contact someone in Customs directly to ensure you have a good handle on what needs to be done beforehand.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?