Car Shipping Egypt
Ship Your Car To Or From Egypt
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For a normal car transported in a shipping container, costs for shipping to Egypt from the U.S. start at $2,900 and go up to $6,000 for larger vehicles and other methods of delivery.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Egypt
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Port Said||$200||$3,000||5+45|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Alexandria||$450||$3,500||5+41|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Port Said||$550||$3,000||6+45|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Port Said||$575||$2,400||6+21|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Port Said||$675||$2,400||6+21|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Alexandria||$700||$3,000||6+26|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Alexandria||$400||$3,000||5+36|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Port Said||$775||$3,000||7+45|
|Memphis, TN to New York port) to Alexandria||$800||$3,000||6+26|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Alexandria||$1,025||$3,500||7+41|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Importing your vehicle into a foreign country can prove to be a costly and complex process, but if you do the research and arm yourself with a great auto transport company, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Egypt has two options for importing vehicles; temporary or permanent. Both are based on the length of time the vehicle will remain in the country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
- Shubra El-Kheima
- Port Said
- Al Mansoura
- El Mahalla El Kubra
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Egypt
- Certificate or Origin.
- Registration card.
- Non-sale certificate.
- Official certificate of manufacturing date.
- Proof of insurance.
- Bill of lading.
- Valid B1 Visa.
This scenario ONLY applies to foreigners working a temporary job in Egypt and allows the individual to avoid paying all customs duties and taxes.
- Documents Needed: Work Permit and Work Residence Visa
- In this situation, the vehicle’s owner or their employer must provide a bank letter of guarantee that covers the entire amount that would usually be due for customs duty and tax. This entire amount will be reimbursed/released upon re-exportation out of Egypt at the end of the work period.
Trip Ticket: There is an additional unique temporary scenario regarding vehicles in an auto club in which they are allowed to enter Egypt for a period of 3 months (renewable for an additional 3 months maximum) on a tourist basis. This scheme is both duty and tax free as well.
Vehicles imported into Egypt permanently must adhere to a certain set of rules as follows:
- The owners of used vehicles must present proof that he/she is the first AND only owner of the vehicle since the manufacturing date.
- For new cars, the vehicle must be shipped within the first year of being manufactured.
- All cars are subject to customs duties and taxes.
- Custom duties range from 40%-135% based on the valuation of the vehicle.
- Taxes vary between 10%-35%.
The vehicle’s valuation is calculated based on the CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight totals) and that total is how the duties and taxes are determined.
The Egypt Customs website is a great resource for preparing to ship your vehicle. Please be aware that because rules and regulations are constantly changing, it is in your best interest to contact someone in Customs directly to ensure you have a good handle on what needs to be done beforehand.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Egypt
If you are looking for the best and most dependable overseas transport company around, look no further than A1 Auto Transport. We can ship nearly any type of oversized cargo or heavy equipment from the U.S. to the nation of your choice, including Egypt. With our access to durable transport haulers and equipment as well as our ability to make use of the most modern shipping technologies, there is absolutely no reason to have concern over the safe and timely arrival of your cargo in Egypt. Matter of fact, for decades we have been shipping large and heavy cargo of all kinds to places all over the world. Some of types of oversized and heavy equipment we have shipped and are capable of shipping again include…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Pontoon Boats
- Construction Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Most Popular and Recommended Ways to Ship Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Overseas
With A1 Auto Transport, you have an abundance of international shipping options at your disposal. Below are some of the more common overseas transport methods we like to offer our customers shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo.
- The Lift On/Lift Off method of transport, otherwise known as the LoLo shipping method, uses a crane to pick up and place your cargo on the boat. This transport method is most commonly used for large inoperable vehicles or oversized cargo that’s been crated.
- The Roll On/Roll Off method of transport, otherwise known as the RoRo shipping method, is the most cost efficient and affordable option. This open air service requires your vehicle to be operable so it can use a ramp to get on and off the cargo ship. There may be a 15ft height restriction to use this method.
- The Flat Rack shipping method secures your cargo to an open sided and open top shipping container which basically resembles a metal frame.
- Container shipping is the safest overseas shipping method. It offers the most protection from the inclement weather since your cargo is protected within the container by its walls and ceiling. Inevitably, this is the most expensive option but it’s only available to you if your heavy cargo fits into a 40ft container.