Every year, shipping companies transport thousands of vehicles to foreign countries around the world. Every country has different regulations to follow which must be followed in order to ensure nothing goes wrong. The process of transporting an automobile overseas can be a complicated process, but a reputable shipping service can make the experience much less of a headache.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Options for Importing a Vehicle.
- Temporary- If you are temporarily employed in Suez, you will need to present a workers permit as well as a work residence visa. Expense for the delivery must be paid in full including the cost for customs duty and tax.
- Permanent- New cars being shipped to Suez must be transported 1 year since the date it was manufactured. The customer must also prove that their never had a previous owner in order to transport their car.
Methods Used to Transport a Vehicle.
- Roll On, Roll Off- Customs requires anyone transport their vehicle by this method to remove any valuables from the vehicle. The vehicle must be operable and capable of being rolled on and off of the ship. This method applies to many different types of vehicles such as cars, trucks, RV’s, bulldozers, and even mobile homes.
- Container Shipping- Container transportation is a more expensive way to transport vehicles. This option allows customers to store valuables within the vehicle and inside of the container itself. House hold items should be transported into Suez on a separate container but this isn’t a requirement.
Preparing a Vehicle for an Overseas Voyage.
After you have contacted the shipping service, scheduled a ship date and paid your fees, document any damages to the vehicle. Make sure to top off all of the fluids, check the tire pressure and battery charge as well. You will also want to get the vehicle inspected and fully serviced so the car is ready to be driven.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory