Shubra El-Kheima lays on the northern border of Cairo, Egypt and is a very busy industrial city in Egypt. When you relocate to Shubra El-Kheima you may find that you need to have your car in the city with you. You will need to have your car shipped by a professional international auto transporter. The agent at the transport company will need the following paperwork from you:
- Photo Identification (Driver’s License)
- Taxpayer ID Number (Social Security Card)
- Car Title
- Car Insurance Policy
- Signed Power of Attorney
The agent will let you know what other paperwork will need to be filled out or presented prior to shipping the car. They will also go over the available ways that you can have your car shipped. You will primarily be able to choose from Ro-Ro (Roll On/Roll Off) Shipping and Container Vehicle Shipping. When you ship via Ro-Ro your car will be loaded onto the cargo ship by driving it onto the deck where it will be strapped into place and secured with wheel blocks to be transported overseas. Your car will have to be cleaned out and you cannot leave anything on the inside of it when it is shipping out. You may also be required to remove anything loose from the outside of the car as well. Your agent will go over the details of cleaning the car when you are making the transport arrangements. If you need to ship anything from your home or business along with the car you can choose to rent a shipping container to have everything shipped in at one time. Egypt customs officials do recommend that if you are shipping a car that you utilize a separate container for the car because it can take up to a week longer for a car to clear through customs when it reaches Shubra El-Kheima.
You may want to contact the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency for further information on exporting your personal items from the United States to Shubra El-Kheima. They can also alert you to any news that may pertain to the city that you would need to know prior to shipping the car overseas.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Paperwork Needed for Customs
When your car reaches Shubra El-Kheima you will need to have the correct paperwork in order to make sure that your car is able to clear as quickly as possible. Not having all of the paperwork can cause long delays while you gather the necessary documents. Here are the primary documents you will need when importing a car to Shubra El-Kheima:
- Sea Way Bill and Airway Bill
- Passport (must show entry stamp within 6 months)
- Photo ID
- Car Title that lists you as the owner of the car
- Clearance Authorization Letter
- Handling Letter issued in Egypt
- Visa showing minimum of 3-month residency (for foreigners)
- Duty Fee Waiver (if working for Government in Egypt)
- Egyptian Diplomat ID (If a Diplomat)
If you are able to have the duty fees waived upon clearance of the car, you will only be allowed to have the car in Shubra El-Kheima for up to six months. At the end of the six-month period of time, you will be required to export the car back to the United States and will not be able to re-import it to Shubra El-Kheima for at least six more months. Take careful consideration of this when it is time to pay the import duties as it may be more prudent to pay the import duties if you are going to be in the city for longer than six months.
You may want to contact the Embassy of Egypt in Washington, DC prior to leaving the United States for more information on customs policies and information specific to Shubra El-Kheima.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?