An overseas transport is a process that requires professional attention. The vehicle will have to comply with the restrictions and regulations set by the country. It will also need to be prepared accordingly.
As long as you hire a reputable international transporter and stay on top of matters, the process should go along successfully. To get your car safely shipped to Egypt, understand the process of shipping a little bit better before you hire a transporter for services.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Step by Step Process of International Transport.
- Research transport companies around your home in the U.S. Read the reviews and ratings for each potential company and narrow your results down to a select few. Call these companies to address any of your concerns and receive a quote.
- Book your vehicle’s transport at least two months in advance.
- Call the Embassy of Egypt you are trying to ship the automobile to and ask about the import policies. Take notes as you are being given the pertinent information.
- Start preparing for the shipping process. Collect the documents needed for import approval and pay all taxes and duties. Present all the proof to Customs to gain import approval for the vehicle.
- Clean the exterior and interior of the car you are shipping. Check all of the fluids and make sure the fuel is less 1/4 of a tank full. Fill the tires with air if needed.
- Organize any rides you may need to retrieve or drop off the vehicle.
Preparing for an international auto transport can be time consuming. Nevertheless, with the assistance of seasoned professionals, the process of shipping should go over smoothly and your vehicle should arrive safe and sound at the port of your new home.