Ismailia is a modernized city known for its beauty. While the city is at least 1.5 hours away from the nearest tourist attraction, many come here to reside. Although public transportation is accessible, you can further avoid language barriers and confusion by having your own vehicle shipped over from the U.S.
Whether you’re moving there to reside or going there for a little while, having your vehicle transported is a possibility. If you are there for employment and the vehicle is only needed for less than a year, you will have to provide a workers permit and your work residence visa. Duties and taxes will need to be paid, but when the auto is shipped back to the U.S., the money will be reimbursed to you.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Form of Auto Transport Should I Go With?
The auto transport method you choose to get your vehicle to Ismailia is dependent on your needs. If you plan on residing in the city you’ll probably want to ship over some of your belongings too. In that case, container transport would be the most efficient. This will allow you to fill the vehicle, as well as the container itself. Anything being imported must be permitted into the country.
It’s always best to contact Customs to get informed of all the current policies. One can always expect to need their license, passport, title, proof of insurance, and receipts for paid tariffs. Proof that you are, and always have been the sole owner of the vehicle will also need to be presented. The vehicle is prohibited in the country if it exceeds the age of three.
The Distinction between RO/RO and Container Shipping.
RO/RO and container shipping are the two main forms of international auto transport. There are some differences that you will want to understand before you decide to go with one way over the other. For RO/RO shipping, the vehicle will need to be emptied with the exception of the floor mats, car jack and spare tire. This method is the cheapest, but it ships the vehicle aboard a flat ship, open to all elements.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?