How To Register An Imported Vehicle In Egypt | Process & Procedures
In order to explain the full process of registering a vehicle in Egypt, we’ll first look at the basic steps involved, then explore the finer details that are involved. You will need the following, in terms of paperwork and the process, to register an imported vehicle in Egypt:
- Valid driver license
- Proof of ownership (invoice or original sales documents)
- Present documents to local traffic authority
- Mechanical inspection & vehicle number
- Pass the safety inspection
- Take paperwork to registration office & receive vehicle plates
- Receive license and affix local plates
If you have questions or concerns about shipping a vehicle to Egypt and getting it registered, we’re happy to help! You can find more information on our web page about shipping to Egypt, or you can contact us anytime for a FREE cost estimate!
Required Documents For Vehicle Registration
In order to register a vehicle in Egypt, you’ll need to present documents that are pretty standard and in line with other countries. They consist of the following:
- Purchase invoice
- Bill of lading (transport/shipment document)
- Tax ID number
- Insurance certificate
- Certificate of origin
- Personal ID and/or passport
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Registration fees can vary from one type of vehicle to another, but it is generally around a $300 (U.S. dollars) fee. Before you initiate the process of registration, it’s very important that you have all of the above documents ready to go. Any missing or incomplete paperwork can potentially stall the process for an extended period of time, as well as cost more money.
The import tax on imported vehicles in Egypt is high by almost any country’s standards. The duty applied is over 100% of the value of the vehicle and taxes are levied at nearly 50% of the value of the duties. An exception to this would be if you are a foreign diplomat or expat that’s working under the Egyptian government.
Egyptian Vehicle Resources
Ministry of the Interior – The Ministry of the Interior website for Egypt is a great place to look if you have general questions about traffic, travel and tourism, as well as contact information for the appropriate departments.
Egypt Government Services Portal – A handy resource that has information on a host of topics related to government services like licensing and vehicle registration issues.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory