Safe And Reliable Del Mar Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
A trip to Del Mar can easily turn you into a frequent visitor or a permanent resident. It is a charming seaside city lying on the southern coastline of California. Shipping a motor vehicle is a better idea if you plan to pitch up a tent for a long stay. Even though you might meet many vehicle transporters, A-1 Auto Transport remains the most reliable when it comes to shipping cars to or from Del Mar.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Las Vegas to Del Mar||$338||338 miles||2-4 days|
|San Jose to Del Mar||$441||441 miles||2-4 days|
|Del Mar to Portland||$638||1064 miles||4-6 days|
|San Antonio to Del Mar||$771||1286 miles||4-6 days|
|Dallas to Del Mar||$822||1370 miles||4-6 days|
|Del Mar to Washington, D.C.||$1078||2697 miles||7-9 days|
|Del Mar to St. Louis||$1092||1820 miles||5-7 days|
|New York to Del Mar||$1138||2847 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas covered in Del Mar
We have the best knowledge of the roads and addresses in the city. We have one of the biggest transport networks in the country, covering all states and major worldwide destinations.
Transport services offered in Del Mar
We have a one-stop solution for all types of car shipping. A-1 Auto Transport offers international shipping options using the RoRo and containerized transport standards.
- RoRo vessels have multiple decks, which can handle hundreds of cars in one trip. The vehicles get loaded into the ship by driving on a special ramp. On arrival, a team of handlers unloads them in the same way.
- Containers offer the most secure transport solutions for classic, luxury, and antique vehicles. The car sits inside an airtight and watertight compartment, which keeps it safe from the elements and other potential hazards while in transit.
You will have little trouble finding an available spot on an open truck when shipping cars to or from Del Mar. It is one of the most popular and most common transport options in the state. It is not the best idea when you have an expensive automobile since you leave it exposed to the elements. At A-1 Auto Transport, we share your passion for your precious set of wheels and understand the safety concerns. We have an enclosed shipping option that gives the best protection to the vehicles in transit. The trucks feature a fully covered carrier that used the latest handling equipment. We have a variety for transport solutions for all types of watercraft. Whether you have a motorboat, a dinghy, a jet ski, or a yacht, no one can give it the best care as we can.
Types of cars that we ship
We move all kinds of vehicles ranging from standard cars, vans, trucks, farm equipment, earthmovers, cranes, golf carts, project equipment, and other freight cargo. Get in touch with one of our agents to find the right option for your vehicle.
How to prepare a car for shipping
- The transporter will not allow you to leave personal items inside the car because of insurance and regulatory The policy does not cover damage caused by such goods when left in the vehicle.
- Take the car for a thorough wash to remove mud and any other residue that may make it hard to get a correct result from the inspection. Make a detailed record of all the chips, dents, discolorations, and scratches on the vehicle.
Many transport companies prefer driving the vehicle on and off the truck when loading and unloading. Keep the car in running shape using the following steps:
- Top off the brake fluid, coolant, engine oil, and transmission fluid.
- Test the battery’s terminals and keep it on a full charge.
- Keep at least 1/4 of gas in the tank. Do not leave too much fuel because it might lead to other complications.
- Make sure that you have enough pressure on the tires.
If your vehicle has additions that change its original dimensions, make it known to the transporter in advance. Remove the custom parts such as spoilers and roof racks. Cover the other loose parts that might run into damage, retract the antenna, and fold in the side-view mirrors. Deactivate the toll tags and parking passes. They can accumulate unnecessary charges as your vehicle travels along the highways. Try to remove them since they form a potential target for theft. Prepare a spare set of keys for the truck driver and disable the alarm system. For vehicles that need special handling, make sure that you leave detailed instructions for the truck driver.
A-1 Auto Transport is one of the industry leaders when it comes to automobile transportation. Our main philosophy is to offer safe and reliable shipping for all our customers. Supported by a large fleet of trucks and skilled professionals, we have what it takes to serve your needs when shipping cars to or from Del Mar.
Get free shipping quotes!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.