Daily Direct Motorcycle Transport | A-1 Auto Transport, Inc.
There are many auto shippers out there that ship motorcycles, many of them offering same day delivery, also known as daily direct motorcycle transport. When you need a bike shipped quickly, you’ll have several options to choose from, but not all shippers (or the prices they offer) are created equal. At the end of the day, most people are seeking a company with ample experience shipping motorcycles, but also one that offers the best value.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we offer several motorcycle shipping service options, along with a guarantee that our customers will receive the best service available. Here’s what we offer:
Experience and an established track record of excellence
- On-time delivery
- Insurance coverage
- Honest and affordable pricing
- Professional and convenient service
- A variety of pricing and delivery options
- Daily direct and same day shipping
Experience is key when hiring a shipper, even if low cost is a priority, as it is for most people. The last thing you want to deal with is a shipper that undercuts the price of shipping, only to find that there are hidden costs down the line, or even worse, a shipper that doesn’t know how to properly secure the bike for transport, or the most efficient delivery route. These factors are especially important when you need same day transport services or door-to-door delivery.
Your Responsibilities When Shipping A Motorcycle
There are a few steps you’ll need to take before your motorcycle is picked up and loaded for transport. These are basics that apply to any vehicle that is shipped and will ensure that your bike arrives safely and without damages or delays.
- Wash the bike, making sure it is free of any dirt
andor debris. A clean bike will allow you to better see any minor nicks or scratches before shipment, which is important and should be documented.
- Any basic maintenance that is needed should be addressed prior to releasing your bike to the shipper. While a non-running motorcycle can still be transported, it’s much easier to coordinate when it’s good running condition. This is doubly so if you need to ride the bike to its final destination on the back end of the transport process.
- Some shippers will require that fluids be drained from the bike before it can be loaded onto a transport carrier. This is to prevent any damages or leakage during shipping.
- The fuel tank should be no more than 1/4 full so as to reduce the total weight, as well as to prevent gas spills should there be a leak in the fuel line.
- Note and take photos of any existing damages on your bike. This will make it easier to notice and get compensated for any damages caused by the shipping company in the unlikely event that something does happen during shipping.
- Remove any loose items such as saddlebags and other accessories. If shipping the bike by crate, remove the handlebars and other protruding parts. These requirements may vary depending on the shipper and method of transport. Some may require that the battery and alarm system are disconnected as well.
- Make sure you have all the required documents prepared for the shipping process. If you have any questions about necessary paperwork, consult directly with the shipping company.
Motorcycle Transport Resources
Motorcycle Shipping Options - Learn about the projected cost of shipping a motorcycle within the U.S., as well as the different shipping options and what they entail.
Basic Maintenance Information - As mentioned above, it’s helpful if your bike is clear of any maintenance or repair issues when having it shipped. This resource covers the basics of what you’ll need to know.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org