Car Transport NJ To FL Cost – Understanding How Much Car Shipping Costs
Shipping a car from NJ to FL may be needed if you’re a “snowbird” going south for the winter, you’re moving to FL due to a career change or personal circumstances, or for a variety of other reasons. But how much will car transport from NJ to FL cost? Find out now.
How Much Does Car Transport From NJ To FL Cost?
While every transportation job will have a different cost, the average cost of car transport from NJ to FL is around $800 to $1,100. The cost may be slightly higher depending on the type of car, where you’re located in NJ, where your destination is in Florida (Miami, for example, is further from NJ than Tallahassee), and some other factors.
That means that the average per-mile rate of shipping a car from NJ to FL is around $0.80 to $1 per mile. This is how most car transport jobs are charged – so look for a car shipping provider that’s offering similar rates to make sure you get the best deal.
What Factors Affect The Cost Of Car Transport From NJ To FL?
There are a number of different factors that can affect the cost of car transport from NJ to FL, such as the total distance of the shipment, whether you choose enclosed or open car carrier shipping, the cost of extra insurance, the size & weight of your vehicle, your desired time frame, and even the time of year that your car is shipped.
- Enclosed vs. open car carrier shipping – Shipping your car in an “open” car carrier that’s exposed to the elements is a lot cheaper than hiring an enclosed car carrier for your shipment. Open carriers can hold more cars and are easier to load, so this type of shipping is cheaper. In contrast, closed carriers can hold fewer cars and involve more labor during pick up and drop off, but provide superior protection for luxury, classic, and antique vehicles.
- Insurance for your car – Many car transport companies only carry $100,000 in insurance, which is the minimum to meet federal transport regulations. If you’re shipping a car worth more than $100,000 from NJ to FL, you may need to work with your car shipping provider to purchase additional insurance, which will protect you in the event of an accident.
- Vehicle size & weight – Larger, heavier cars – such as a Ford F-150 – will be heavier and take up more space than smaller vehicles, such as a Smart Car or Mini Cooper – and the cost of shipping them will be correspondingly higher.
- Desired delivery time frame – If you need rush delivery or delivery by a certain date, you may have to pay more for car shipping. But if you have flexible pickup and delivery dates and plan ahead, you’re likely to pay a lower per-mile rate.
- Time of year for car shipping – Car shipping between NJ and FL is in very high demand during the late fall months, when many “snowbirds” are looking to transport their cars from NJ and nearby states to Florida for the winter season. Shipping along this route tends to be more expensive at this time, but may be cheaper during the summer and winter.
Because of all of these different things that affect the cost of shipping a car between NJ and FL, the price can vary quite a bit depending on your personal circumstances and needs. So to get an informed and accurate estimate for your job, we recommend getting a free quote from A-1 Auto Transport today.
Need Car Transport From NJ To FL? A-1 Auto Transport Is Up To The Job
With free quotes, a wide network of experienced car shipping companies, and years of knowledge and experience when it comes to shipping cars from NJ to FL, A-1 Auto Transport is always here to help with your job. Contact us online or call us now to get a quote and begin shipping your vehicle from NJ to FL right away.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com