Safe And Reliable Ashford City Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Ashfordis a small town in Alabama and for many years this small town was the primary location for people across the state to access products made from pine sap including paint, soaps, polishes and others. These products are resin-based substances and known as ‘naval stores’ as they were used for wooden boats which were often built by or used by the U.S. Navy.
There are fewer than 3000 people living in Ashford. While cotton and pulpwood farming were for many years a staple career choice for local families, today many find work in local schools, medical facilities and other industrial centers located on the outskirts of town although there are still others who own land and continue to farm. New residents can enjoy the fact that Ashford is a town that has a low rate of crime and this can be attested to by the fact that the local police department only has four full time officers working the area.
The town is small and only encompasses 6.1 square miles, and while this may not seem very large to some, it can be difficult to travel to the grocery store or work when there is not have a local public transportation system. If you plan to go shopping, get to work or travel to nearby cities for recreation or other opportunities, it’s a good idea to have a personal car to get around.
A-1 Auto Transport is a dedicated 5-star car auto transport company offering affordable services to visitors and residents by shipping cars to or form Ashford City.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Ashford City to St. Louis||$529||706 miles||3-5 days|
|Ashford City to Philadelphia||$604||1007 miles||4-6 days|
|New York to Ashford City||$656||1094 miles||4-6 days|
|Boston to Ashford City||$781||1302 miles||4-6 days|
|Tucson to Ashford City||$1036||1727 miles||4-6 days|
|Ashford City to Seattle||$1092||2730 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we cover within Ashford
A-1 Auto Transport stays true to its mantra for ‘safe and reliable auto shipping’ by offering car shipping services that are customized to your specific car and your transport needs. We have invested plenty of time and resources in becoming familiar with the Ashford. This involves taking time to map out the road networks throughout Ashford, right down to even the most remote streets in the area. We also get to know the specific social and economic activities practiced most by residents of Ashford, so we know when local events and other annual activities are held that can alter the usual flow of traffic locally. Local events including parades or annual care shows often call for heavier car shipping services than other times of the year and area factories and other business often have boosts in sales or services that require freight shipments and we are always prepared for those changes, so we can ensure reliable services to our customers. For instance, naval store facilities in the region call for heavy freight services while the local farms call for heavy equipment shipping services during harvest time in the summer and fall or when planting begins in the spring.
Residents as well as guests visiting Ashford get to enjoy professional and timely deliveries when shipping cars to or from Ashford, right to their exact locations. Apart from delivering vehicles to locations in the heart of the city, we also stretch our reach to the nearest towns on a 4-mile radius. They include Avon, Dothan, Cowarts, Columbia, Webb, Kinsey, Gordon and Cottonwood.
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Auto transport services we provide
- Interstate car towing: Should you need to have your car transported from another state to Ashford City, we are the best firm for the job. We have a unique strategy; efficient route mapping, which enables us to identify the shortest routes between Ashford and the other involved location. Through this strategy, we can transport vehicles across any direction within mainland US. For instance, we use Highway 84, which cuts across the city, to transport cars between Ashford and any other city in Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. Since some interstate car transport jobs may take a couple days depending on the distance covered, we offer GPS tracking services for your shipment, on the house.
- Heavy equipment shipping: Picture buying a brand new tractor, harvester or combine from an auto shop in the city. It surely would be absurd driving it across the streets to your farm, even if the farm was just a couple of miles away. A-1 Auto Transport is the firm to provide transportation services for such equipment, new or old, to any farm near Ashford.
Types of cars we ship
Cars come in different sizes and functionalities. A-1 Auto Transport has handled different car makes and models over the last two and a half decades. We know which techniques work for which automotive, and which ones don’t. We transport SUVs, sedans, Recreational Vehicles, motorhomes, vans, motorcycles, golf carts, ATVs, heavy equipment such as bulldozers and trucks of all shapes and sizes. We also ship boats of all sizes including dinghies, canoes, water rafts, speed boats and even yachts.
Modes of interstate transport that suit every vehicle
Cars can be shipped with a variety of open and enclosed modes of transport.
Open Carrier- An open carrier is ideal for basically any car that you drive frequently. Open carriers are built as single level that can carry one or two cars or double level that can carry up to eight or more cars at one time. The more cars on the load, the less the cost may be for each customer as transport is based partially on fuel cost and when you have more cars, that cost will dip a little per person. With open carriers, cars are fully exposed to weather, hail, insects and birds and road debris. Unless you own a car that is usually garaged and is extremely expensive or rare, your car should be just fine on the carrier.
Enclosed Carrier- For those cars that are considered rare, high-end, vintage, classic, exotic or otherwise far too expensive or fragile to travel on a carrier that will expose them to potentially damage causing elements, we offer secure enclosed carrier services where every car is sealed inside a fully enclosed trailer. These enclosed trailers will cost more than open carriers and there are a few logical reasons why. These include:
- Enclosed carriers are more expensive to manufacture than open carriers, thus making them more expensive for transporters to purchase.
- There are fewer enclosed carriers available because most transporters want to haul as many cars as possible at one time, and fewer can be hauled with enclosed services.
- With enclosed service, customers can have a guaranteed delivery option where open transport seldom ever offers guaranteed delivery dates.
- Enclosed services are far more secure than open services.
- Enclosed trailers are not only available for vehicles, but customers can also leave personal items inside the car where they cannot when they use open transport services.
Enclosed transport is available to and from Ashford for all types of cars, trucks, SUV’s and motorcycles, ATV’s, boats and more.
More ways to ship a car!
- Railway Shipping- For many years now, railway shipping has offered a lower cost way to ship a car. Many car dealerships and manufacturers utilize train service to move large shipments across the country. It’s a good idea to check with your shipping agent to ensure there will be room available for your car on the train as they tend to fill up quickly. You can choose from open or enclosed train cars to ship your vehicle on the railway.
- Air Freight Shipments- The fastest, most secure way to ship a motor vehicle is to ship with air freight. This is also the most expensive way to ship a car and is usually reserved only for extremely expensive cars that must be delivered quickly. If the cost to transport your car is going to be more than the value of your car, it is best to ship with a ground transport option rather than with air shipment.
How to prepare your car for transport
Before any car can be transported, certain measures must be taken to ensure both the safety of the vehicle and to protect the interests of the client. The following are the measures taken to prepare any vehicle for shipping:
- Remove all personal items from the car including detachable GPS systems, DVD players and external speakers.
- Clean both the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- Run a thorough maintenance check on the vehicle.
- Turn off the car alarm.
- Locate your spare key and have one made in case it’s lost.
Read on the significance of each step here.
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport
We have over twenty-five years of experience in the car shipping industry, making us the most skilled for the job!
A-1 Auto Transport’s contact lines are open 24/7. Contact us today for the best tailored services when shipping cars to or from Ashford.
City of Ashford- The city website offers insights into local events, visitor information, local utilities and more. You can visit the city website at this link.
Vehicle Registration and Tags
Houston County Tag & Title
462 N. Oates Street Dothan, Alabama 36303 334-677-4734
Driver’s License Office for Ashford:
Dothan Driver’s License Office 5679 Montgomery Highway Dothan, Alabama 36303 334-983-5616