The process of shipping a truck from one state to another is usually done by ground transportation. However, to ship a truck to Hawaii, this would be impossible. To safely have a vehicle delivered to the islands, you must hire a transporter that deals with international delivery or at least has the ships necessary to safely deliver your truck to Hawaii from another state in the U.S.
Choose Between Enclosed or Open Air Shipping Services.
Container shipping methods are popular among those shipping a truck by boat. The enclosed shipping services are recommended to anyone shipping a vehicle overseas due to the extra protection provided by the enclosure. The thick metal walls block any outside elements while protecting the vehicle and any other household items being transported to Hawaii with it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you choose to ship your truck to Hawaii through open air shipping methods, empty out the inside of the vehicle. Only leave the floor mats, spare tire, and a car jack. Shipping through enclosed methods allows you to bring other items but if you chose open air shipping, you’ll want as little weight in the truck as possible.
The RO/RO shipping method also requires the vehicle owner to have the car repaired if it has any leaks. Hazardous leaks will damage the ship and any other items transporting with the car. As long as the car is prepped according to standard, this method of auto transport is trustworthy of delivering your car to the islands. Make sure you write down and take pictures of any other damages the vehicle may suffer from. You can refer to your notes once the truck has been delivered safely in Hawaii where you’ll give it yet another inspection.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory