Ship Car To Victoria
The capital city of Seychelles is Victoria, a city established at one time as the seat of the British Colonial Government. Victoria is located northeast of Mahe Islands, which is the main island of Archipelago.
If you want to move to Seychelles, you will want to consider bringing your own vehicle with you. Professional auto hauling is a reliable means of shipping your vehicle when you move to the country. If you want to transport your vehicle, you will need to contact A1 Auto Transport service. They are able to ship a variety of vehicles overseas. There are several factors that will determine how and when the vehicle will ship along with the amount of duties and taxes that will be due when you ship it.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
First Step in Importing – The Paperwork.
When you want to avoid any delays in importing your vehicle, you will need to ensure that all paperwork is complete and without any misguided information. Having an agent, such as A1 Auto Transport Service to look over your information will greatly decrease the likeliness of something going wrong with your import. With your shipping agent, you can gather up all the necessary documents needed to ensure that your vehicle is proven to have followed all rules and regulations and you are truly the owner of the vehicle. In order to do that, you will need to have a copy of:
- Driver’s license.
- Title to the vehicle.
- Registration of your vehicle.
- Proof of insurance.
Preparing your Vehicle for Importing.
Once you have all the paperwork in line, you will then need to prepare your vehicle. You may not think that it will take much to prepare a vehicle for shipping, however, there are many steps to take. A1 Auto Transport service knows the rules and regulations of importing a vehicle and can assist you with this process and help you obtain the right documentation and to ensure that your vehicle meets the specifications required by customs for importing. You will need to provide us with a copy of the following documents:
- Packing List.
- Original Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance certificate.
- Importing permit, if needed.
The agents you hire to transport your vehicle will be responsible for arriving at their appointed destination in Seychelles, in order to give Seychelles Revenue Commission, the cargo at least twenty-four hours prior to the ship docking, or three hours before the car arrives, if coming in by air. If there are special requests from the carrier, customs allow amendments within 24-hours, after registering in the Asycuda World System. If the goods are damaged, the agent in charge will then need to submit the form to Customs regarding damaged goods. This form will give great details about what occurred and the extent of the damage.
If a previous resident of Seychelles wishes to return to Seychelles, and has been absent for a period of under two years, they may be able to come back and be exempt of paying any taxes or duty. There are stipulations that first must be determined, such as:
- The vehicle cannot be more than three years old.
- The vehicle must be used for passenger use and not commercial use only. This particular classification is under HS Code 8703 for vehicles and HS Code8711 for motorcycles.
- Returning residents can import a motorcycle that is used as long as it is not more than three years.
- The motor vehicle must be imported no later than a period of six months from the day that the resident returns to Seychelles.
- Once the vehicle is imported into Seychelles, it must be registered immediately in the importer’s name and it cannot be sold or transferred for at least two years.
- Only one vehicle or motorcycle allowed per person.
- The importer must be over 18 years old to import.
- The vehicle must be a right-hand drive.
- The resident will not be allowed to import any more vehicles second hand if they decide to move overseas.
- If the importation doesn’t meet the rules and regulations, Customs reserves the right to dispose of the vehicle or motorcycle under the Revenue Law.
- The importer will be held liable to pay all taxes and levy on the vehicle or motorcycle at the port of entry.
It’s important to choose the right method of shipping for your vehicle; Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping. Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is the most effective method of shipping today. Your vehicle will need to pass an inspection that won’t take long, however, it is necessary before it is loaded onto the ship. Once the inspection is complete, the vehicle will be rolled onto the deck of the ship. Container shipping is the most expensive way to import your vehicle however with this method, your vehicle is protected the entire time and you can fill the space left over in the container with any personal belongings you wish to bring with you.