Shipping Your Car to Swaziland from the United States
Shipping A Car To Swaziland
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars shipped to Swaziland from the U.S. cost between $3,500 and $7,000 to transport.
- Because of the distance involved, prices can vary based on available routes and ships to the area.
Whether for work, study, or another purpose, those relocating to Swaziland from the US will often want to bring a vehicle along with them. Relatively low importation costs and limited availability of reliable American and Japanese vehicles for local purchase makes this an excellent option. Though Swaziland is a landlocked country, international shipping by sea is readily available by use of major ports in nearby Richards Bay, South Africa or Maputo, Mozambique.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
While a middleman country with an operational port is required to receive shipments by sea, the process isn’t the hassle it might appear. If Swaziland is the final destination, the use of bonded warehouses in South Africa or Mozambique allows shippers to avoid paying import duty and local taxes in the transit country. These warehouses will store the vehicle until overland transportation to Swaziland is available, at which point you will be expected to pay Swaziland’s relevant tariffs.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Swaziland
- The original title of the vehicle, or other proof of ownership
- Bill of sale
- Bill of lading
- Permit from lien holder (if applicable)
- Proof of insurance
- Registration card
- Import certificate
- Police clearance
- Form 304A
Additional Requirements by Swaziland
Vehicle imports require payment of a customs duty upon arrival in Swaziland. For used vehicles, proof must be presented that the vehicle has been under your ownership for a minimum of one year. The bill of purchase and registration documents will suffice for this purpose.
Swaziland has different rules for private and commercial imports. Individual owners can import only one vehicle per year. You’ll also need to submit the following documents:
- Bill of sale, showing engine number and chassis number, on the letterhead of the supplier or dealer
- Copy of passport
- Work permit (for non-Swazis)
- Tax clearance certificate
- Import application form from Ministry of Finance
Mode of Shipping
Once the documents have been gathered, the next step is to decide which mode of shipping is appropriate for your needs. Most individuals will be best served with Ro/Ro (roll on/roll off) shipping, in which the vehicle is simply driven onto the ship and then off again at the destination port. Those with particularly valuable or fragile cars may opt instead for container shipping, which provides additional protection from the elements and other dangers – though typically at a higher price point.
Preparing the Car for Shipping
Before departure from a US port, several preparatory steps should be taken to minimize the chance of complications and delays:
- Obtain transport insurance for the car.
- Ensure that the fuel level is at approximately a quarter of the tank’s capacity.
- Remove all personal possessions from the vehicle
- Combat quarantine detainments by clean the exterior and interior of the car thoroughly.
- Examine the car in the company of a shipping agent, and complete a record of all dents, scratches, and other blemishes or issues. This document should be signed by the agent.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory