Shipping Your Car to Swaziland from the United States
Shipping A Car To Swaziland
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars shipped to Swaziland from the U.S. cost between $3,500 and $7,000 to transport.
- Because of the distance involved, prices can vary based on available routes and ships to the area.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Swaziland
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Manzini||$200||$4,000||5+42|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Manzini||$400||$3,100||5+34|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Manzini||$475||$4,000||6+42|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Manzini||$550||$4,000||6+42|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Manzini||$575||$3,100||6+34|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Manzini||$700||$3,100||6+34|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Mbabane||$775||$4,200||7+42|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Mbabane||$800||$3,300||6+34|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Mbabane||$925||$3,300||7+34|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Mbabane||$1,025||$4,200||7+42|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Whether for work, study, or another purpose, those relocating to Swaziland from the US will often want to bring a vehicle along with them. Relatively low importation costs and limited availability of reliable American and Japanese vehicles for local purchase makes this an excellent option. Though Swaziland is a landlocked country, international shipping by sea is readily available by use of major ports in nearby Richards Bay, South Africa or Maputo, Mozambique.
Popular Shipping Destinations
While a middleman country with an operational port is required to receive shipments by sea, the process isn’t the hassle it might appear. If Swaziland is the final destination, the use of bonded warehouses in South Africa or Mozambique allows shippers to avoid paying import duty and local taxes in the transit country. These warehouses will store the vehicle until overland transportation to Swaziland is available, at which point you will be expected to pay Swaziland’s relevant tariffs.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Swaziland
- The original title of the vehicle, or other proof of ownership
- Bill of sale
- Bill of lading
- Permit from lien holder (if applicable)
- Proof of insurance
- Registration card
- Import certificate
- Police clearance
- Form 304A
Additional Requirements by Swaziland
Vehicle imports require payment of a customs duty upon arrival in Swaziland. For used vehicles, proof must be presented that the vehicle has been under your ownership for a minimum of one year. The bill of purchase and registration documents will suffice for this purpose.
Swaziland has different rules for private and commercial imports. Individual owners can import only one vehicle per year. You’ll also need to submit the following documents:
- Bill of sale, showing engine number and chassis number, on the letterhead of the supplier or dealer
- Copy of passport
- Work permit (for non-Swazis)
- Tax clearance certificate
- Import application form from Ministry of Finance
Mode of Shipping
Once the documents have been gathered, the next step is to decide which mode of shipping is appropriate for your needs. Most individuals will be best served with Ro/Ro (roll on/roll off) shipping, in which the vehicle is simply driven onto the ship and then off again at the destination port. Those with particularly valuable or fragile cars may opt instead for container shipping, which provides additional protection from the elements and other dangers – though typically at a higher price point.
Preparing the Car for Shipping
Before departure from a US port, several preparatory steps should be taken to minimize the chance of complications and delays:
- Obtain transport insurance for the car.
- Ensure that the fuel level is at approximately a quarter of the tank’s capacity.
- Remove all personal possessions from the vehicle
- Combat quarantine detainments by clean the exterior and interior of the car thoroughly.
- Examine the car in the company of a shipping agent, and complete a record of all dents, scratches, and other blemishes or issues. This document should be signed by the agent.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Swaziland
It is common for our clients to have initial concerns over the cost and security of an overseas transport for their heavy equipment or oversized cargo through professionals. Fortunate for them, these things needn't be a worry. Here at A1 Auto Transport we have the best transport equipment and technology advances available to us with the goal that we can ensure a quick and safe conveyance.
The various kinds of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can ship internationally is endless. In the decades we’ve been rooted as a transport company, we’ve successfully delivered a seemingly ongoing amount of cargo including the following types of heavy and oversized equipment…
- Asphalt Pavers
- Pontoon Boats
- RVs and Motorhomes
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
A1’s Different Overseas Shipping Options
Despite the fact that there are a few shipping services up for purchase through A1, you might be restricted on your options. The kind of freight you plan on shipping to Swaziland will help us determine what alternatives are accessible to you. In any case, we'd like to provide you with a little information concerning our abroad shipping techniques.
Open Air Transport Services
- Flat Rack Shipping- the safest overseas shipping method available. Your equipment will be secured to a metal frame for its transport. To guard it from bad weather conditions, we may shrink wrap your cargo when necessary.
- Ro/Ro Shipping- open air transport method only offered to customers with operable equipment or vehicles that can be driven onto the ship using a ramp.
- Lo/Lo Shipping- open air service for those with crated cargo or inoperable equipment.
Enclosed Transport Services
- Container Shipping- the only enclosed transport method available for the overseas delivery of heavy equipment or oversized cargo. It provides the greatest security and tends to cost more than open air services. This method of transport is open to those with heavy equipment small enough to squeeze into a 40ft container.
Related Information & FAQs
- The steps of preparing to ship a car to Swaziland
- Choose between the container or RO/RO shipping methods
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.