Surrey is a beautiful city in Vancouver Metro Regional District of British Columbia in Canada. It is one of the most populated cities in British Columbia and if you are moving here for employment opportunities or to study, you’ll need to have your own personal vehicle to ensure commuting is smooth.
The West of British Columbia faces the Pacific Ocean which faces the west coast of the U.S. This makes shipping to and from British Columbia much easier. You can go to the Overland Route in order to get from the U.S. to the Surrey and can choose door to port service or you can drive your vehicle to the closest location. You may also want to choose other picks up options such as terminal-to-door or terminal-to-terminal. This will all depend on the policies of A1 Auto Transport as they are perfect to handle your shipping.
Since it’s more convenient to choose the overland route, you can choose from one of the two shipping methods; a closed container or truck that protects your vehicle from weather and debris or a multi-car carrier. This option has your vehicle traveling in a more open way but it is more affordable in the long run.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping cost to Surrey.
The cost to ship your vehicle from the U.S to British Columbia will depend on which method of shipping you have chosen above. Services such as door-to-door or port-to-terminal can become more expensive in the long run. If you choose to have your vehicle transported in an enclosed truck instead of a multi-car carrier, you will most likely pay more money. Mileage and cost of fuels will be a factor to consider as well as customs tax and the size and model of your vehicle since it will be taking up space on the truck. Shipping in an open truck will allow you to share the expense with others.
Your vehicle is liable to an import assessment which can include excise tax, duty, and 5% GST. You may also be charged a provincial sales tax when you obtain a license there. If your vehicle is a non-U.S vehicle, then the duty is calculated at 6.1%. Other taxes include provincial sales tax, or PST, an air conditioning tax, an excess weight tax, or a gas guzzler tax, depending on your vehicle.
Requirements for Vehicle import.
- You are required send a notification to U.S. Customs and Border Protection at least 72 hours before you intend to ship out. This will give customs three days to clear your vehicle.
- You must provide your driver’s license in order to establish your personal identity
- You will need to show the proof of purchase and list any loans that are currently against the vehicle
- Make, model, and manufacture of your vehicle. If you have a loan against your vehicle, your lien holder will have to sign a release first.
- You can only have one-fourth tank of gas in the car when it is driven on the truck
- You cannot have any belongings inside the vehicle during transport other than the legal documentation that is placed in the glovebox.
- You will need to provide an extra set of keys to your vehicle.
- Tires must be inflated and the vehicle must be in working order so that the emergency brake works and the steering works as well.
- Your vehicle will be inspected upon arriving at the shipping destination/terminal. If your vehicle is to be left in Surrey permanently, CBSA or Canadian Customs will place an import tax on the vehicle that will need to be cleared before it can be given to the owner.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory