Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Shipping Your Car To Panama From The USA.
Shipping A Car To Panama.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most auto transport costs to Panama from the U.S. fall between $1,500 and $4,300.
- Additional costs can accrue for vehicles that are oversized (or won’t fit in a shipping container), premium services, and vehicles shipped from more distant parts of the United States.
It is definitely in your best interests to choose the right international shipper if you’re considering shipment of your vehicle to Panama. This should be a company with a great track record of experience in shipping to Panama, and well aware of all the requirements both at the port of origin and the port of destination. A knowledgeable company that knows local rules and regulations can anticipate problems before they occur, and save a great deal of hassle.
There are several ports in the south from which your vehicle might depart, including Port Everglades, Miami, Houston, or Galveston. To determine which port would be closest to your home, you can check a map of U.S. Ports. This will be important in figuring whether you need to have your vehicle shipped door-to-port (picked up at your home) or port-to-port (you drive it to the shipping port).
There are two main ports in Panama which could serve as the destination port, Manzanillo, and Cristobal.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
- La Chorrera
- Las Cumbres
- Panama City
- San Miguelito
- Vista Alegre
There are several things that factor into the cost of transporting your vehicle to Panama. One of those was mentioned above, the door-to-port vs. port-to-port plan for getting the vehicle to its point of origin. The next thing to determine is whether it will be shipped in an exclusive container (the most expensive option), a shared container (slightly less expensive), or shipped via RORO, (roll-on/roll-off). This term means your car must be capable of being driven on and off the ship; during transport, it will be exposed to the open air.
Other factors affecting cost will be the amount of insurance purchased if any, the size of your vehicle, and possibly the time of year if it’s at a time when fewer departures are scheduled. Don’t forget to include taxes and any other port-imposed tariffs which might be levied – in Panama, these tend to be pretty steep.
Your shipping carrier will probably be aware of all these and can help you plan for them. When the necessary options above have been decided, your carrier will be able to give you a fairly accurate quote for the entire operation.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Panama.
- Driver’s license.
- Proof ownership.
- Bill of lading.
- Packing list.
- Certificate of origin.
- Eligibility. Make sure your vehicle is eligible to be shipped to another country. The exact laws governing eligibility are listed in Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, but in general, refer to the documentation requirements and rules regarding lienholder permission.
- File with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This is one of those areas that may be handled by your shipper, but be sure and confirm this. Documentation must be submitted to this agency at least 72 hours before the vehicle can be exported, and it is advisable to allow even more time.
- Retrieving the vehicle. Make sure you are present to pick up the vehicle so that it doesn’t end up being held, pending proper authorization.
- Taxes and Duties. After the vehicle has been successfully shipped and retrieved, you may have to get the vehicle inspected and pay additional taxes. Panama taxes are high on imported vehicles, so for current tax information, check with the Panamanian US Embassy.
Related Information & FAQs.
- A car needs preparation before you ship it to Panama
- What determines the cost to ship a car to Panama through a US transporter?
- Hire a professional to ship your vehicle overseas to Panama
- Learn about the process of shipping a car from Miami to Panama
- What is the cost of shipping a car from the US to Panama through RO