Shipping A Car To Palestine
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It’s not cheap to have a car shipped to Palestine from the U.S.; generally in the range of $3,000 to $6,500.
- For cars shipped in a transport container, which can accommodate most standard sized vehicles, there is some cost savings to be had.
It’s very important to know a little about the driving circumstances in Palestine prior to having your car shipped to the country. If you will be driving yourself in Palestine then you need to know that driving in the West Bank is currently safe to do. Driving in Gaza is not recommended at all. Most of the roadways are paved and lined with beautiful scenery as you go through the West Bank but you will want to pay attention as you drive due to potentially having stones or firebombs thrown at the car, and you will want to watch the roads for debris from bombings. You will need to make sure that you have Motor Vehicle Insurance on your car that will cover driving in Palestine.
Popular Shipping Destinations
You will need to hire a reputable auto shipper who ships to Palestinian seaports to ship your car. The main port that accepts imports from the United States is the Port of Gaza. Your auto shipper agent will be able to go over details of paperwork and documents that will be required prior to shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Palestine
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Original Car Title
- Automobile Insurance Certificate
- Signed Power of Attorney Statement
- Bill of lading
Palestine is under a free-trade agreement with the United States but has some very specific regulations that must be adhered to when importing a car into the country. Those regulations are as follows:
- Motor Vehicles must be less than 3 years old from date of import
- Must obtain a valid import license
- Must have Original Bill of Sale
- Must have Original Title
- Must have approval of the General Petroleum Corporation to obtain gasoline for car
- All cars must be approved by the Ministry of Transportation
- Taxes are due on the total value of cost, insurance, and freight fees. (CIF)
- All imported cars will have to pay a value-added tax (VAT) at 16% of car value
- Drivers importing a car must have an import license
- Imported cars can be transported from the Port of Gaza by Israeli licensed trucks that have a yellow license tag, or by Palestinian trucks if they have a special transport license
For more information on regulations for importing your car or other personal belongings, you can check this website of PIPA laws. You may also want to check with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency to see if there are any new updates on exporting personal items and cars to Palestine and what procedures you will have to go through when you need to have your personal car in Palestine with you.
Before your car is shipped to Palestine you will want to make sure the auto shipper has given you a full quote on the expense total for shipping as well as transporting the car internationally. There are two ways to import your car to Palestine at this time. Ro-Ro shipping is the easiest and least expensive way to have your car shipped overseas. Your car is driven onto the ship for departure and driven off the ship when it reaches the port. You cannot send personal items in your car when you ship with Ro-Ro Shipping. You can also use Container Shipping to ship your car. When you use container shipping you can ship personal items with the car by having them loaded inside of the car as well as inside of the container.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory