Importing a Vehicle to North Korea from the United States
Shipping A Car To North Korea
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a car from the U.S. to North Korea is in the $3,700 to $7,000 range.
- It is highly recommended that you familiarize yourself with the import restrictions and fees associated with shipping to North Korea before considering it.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to North Korea
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Hungnam||$200||$1,000||5+22|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Hungnam||$400||$3,100||5+42|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Hungnam||$475||$1,000||6+22|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Hungnam||$550||$1,000||6+22|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Hungnam||$575||$3,100||6+42|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Hungnam||$700||$3,100||6+42|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Hungnam||$775||$1,000||7+22|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Hungnam||$800||$3,100||6+42|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Hungnam||$925||$3,100||7+42|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Hungnam||$1,025||$1,000||7+22|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Exporting a vehicle overseas to any foreign country will present its obstacles. However, many people going to reside or stay a while in a country other than the U.S. will have a personal vehicle sent to the country in which they are going to. This will help them to travel more leisurely once there and to avoid any further language and currency barriers as well.
With the strict laws of North Korea, you may have to have your vehicle delivered to a port in a country nearby. Trying to have a vehicle shipped to North Korea might be too difficult for just anyone. Contacting the Embassy of North Korea will help you to become knowledgeable of what needs to be done in order to have a vehicle shipped. They will fill you in on all of the most current requirements for vehicle shipment.
What Are My Options for Vehicle Shipment?
There are a few ways to have a vehicle shipped over to Korea. Two of these shipment forms are by boat while one of them is by air. Air shipping tends to be way out of the price range for most people and is, therefore, rarely ever used. Below, you will find descriptions of the other two vehicle shipment methods.
RO/RO shipping is a method of shipment that requires the vehicle to be completely empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire at the time of its shipment. The vehicle is then driven onto and off of the ship. While this is the least expensive method of vehicle shipment, it is not accepted by all ports. Make sure that there is a port close enough to your new place of residence that accepts this form of shipment.
Container shipping is a method of shipment that will allow the automobile's owner to ship other belongings over with the vehicle. The automobile and the container can both be filled with property. The items must be accepted by Korean Customs. Containers come in two sizes, so select the one that will suit your needs best. You may also want to consider sharing the container with another individual. This will lessen the cost of shipment.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To North Korea
- Commercial invoice
- Certificate of origin
- Tariff classification
- Packing list
- Bill of lading
- Proof of marine insurance
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To North Korea
A1 Auto Transport has been helping their customers ship heavy equipment and oversized cargo overseas for longer than 25 years. The shipping process demands particular consideration to detail, an understanding of foreign import laws, and access to the latest and greatest in shipping technology and equipment. The risks involved in an international delivery are far too high without the help of professional transporters.
Conditional upon the weight, size and other physical details of your cargo, we have assorted overseas shipping methods for you to choose between. However, we can ship nearly any type of cargo. Here is a list of examples of oversized cargo and heavy equipment we’re able to have delivered to North Korea or any other country…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Asphalt Pavers
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
What Kinds of International Transport Services Are Offered at A1?
As previously stated, the type of cargo you’re transporting will determine which transport methods are available to you. When you call in to speak with a representative, they’ll let you know of your options after you fill them in on the details of your cargo but if you would like to know what all of our overseas shipping options are, here is a list as well as a little information about them…
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping
- Container Shipping
The RoRo, LoLo and flat rack transport methods that we offer are all open air services. RoRo is the cheapest option overall but your heavy equipment or large vehicle must have the ability to drive onto and off of the ship with the help of a ramp. LoLo shipping is for inoperable vehicles and crated equipment that need lifted onto the boat, while flat rack is a more secure open air service. Container shipping is the only enclosed service but it is only available to those with heavy equipment small enough to fit into a 40ft container.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August