Importing a Vehicle to North Korea from the United States
Shipping A Car To North Korea
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a car from the U.S. to North Korea is in the $3,700 to $7,000 range.
- It is highly recommended that you familiarize yourself with the import restrictions and fees associated with shipping to North Korea before considering it.
Exporting a vehicle overseas to any foreign country will present its obstacles. However, many people going to reside or stay a while in a country other than the U.S. will have a personal vehicle sent to the country in which they are going to. This will help them to travel more leisurely once there and to avoid any further language and currency barriers as well.
With the strict laws of North Korea, you may have to have your vehicle delivered to a port in a country nearby. Trying to have a vehicle shipped to North Korea might be too difficult for just anyone. Contacting the Embassy of North Korea will help you to become knowledgeable of what needs to be done in order to have a vehicle shipped. They will fill you in on all of the most current requirements for vehicle shipment.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Are My Options for Vehicle Shipment?
There are a few ways to have a vehicle shipped over to Korea. Two of these shipment forms are by boat while one of them is by air. Air shipping tends to be way out of the price range for most people and is, therefore, rarely ever used. Below, you will find descriptions of the other two vehicle shipment methods.
RO/RO shipping is a method of shipment that requires the vehicle to be completely empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire at the time of its shipment. The vehicle is then driven onto and off of the ship. While this is the least expensive method of vehicle shipment, it is not accepted by all ports. Make sure that there is a port close enough to your new place of residence that accepts this form of shipment.
Container shipping is a method of shipment that will allow the automobile’s owner to ship other belongings over with the vehicle. The automobile and the container can both be filled with property. The items must be accepted by Korean Customs. Containers come in two sizes, so select the one that will suit your needs best. You may also want to consider sharing the container with another individual. This will lessen the cost of shipment.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To North Korea
- Commercial invoice
- Certificate of origin
- Tariff classification
- Packing list
- Bill of lading
- Proof of marine insurance
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory