Ship Your Car To Or From Niger
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Costs generally fall between $2,600 and $6,100 to ship a car to Niger from the United States.
- Normal sized vehicles that fit inside a shipping container offer the most savings as the majority of cargo that moves around the world is shipped in this fashion.
When considering a move to the country of Niger, or perhaps a long trip for business, exporting a personal vehicle is possible. This landlocked country is named after the Niger River in which the port of Niamey has located along, and is the largest country in West Africa, consisting of mostly desert. Having a personal automobile shipped to the country is actually simple. Niger doesn’t require too much when it comes to having a vehicle imported. Unfortunately, the roadways aren’t modernized and regular vehicle maintenance will be necessary.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Having a Personal Vehicle in Niger
Having a private vehicle in Niger will make traveling easier. While there are forms of public transit throughout the country, the language barrier and currency difference could become rather confusing. Having a personal automobile is a safe and reliable way to maneuver throughout the country.
Most countries make transporting a vehicle from the U.S. difficult with all of their laws, restrictions, and regulations. As for Niger, they make importation much easier on their new guests. There is very little required for the importation of a vehicle from the U.S. It is mostly standardized documentation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Niger
- Proof of ownership
- Make, model and serial number are needed
- All used vehicle must have proof of vehicle’s road creditability
- Certificate of registration
- Proof of insurance
- Invoice of purchase
- Vehicle cannot be sold or disposed of in Niger
- Duty applicable
- The automobile cannot be older than 8 years old
All of the documentation mentioned above will need to be presented at Customs. The owner must also be present at the time of the vehicle’s release into Niger.
The Two Types of Shipping for Vehicles
There are two main forms of importation of vehicles into Niger. Either of these methods are reliable and safe. Considering what will be best for the personal vehicle, and whether or not other belongings are needing to be shipped will help the owner to make a sound decision.
- The container method is slightly more costly than that of the RO/RO shipping method, but it allows the owner of the vehicle to fill the vehicle with other belongings permitted by Niger Customs. The container can be filled with possessions as well. If container shipping is the method chosen, the cost can be split with another person if shared.
- The RO/RO shipping method is also referred to as the roll on, roll off method. This means that the vehicle is driven onto the ship during departure, and then driven off at the time of arrival into Niger. RO/RO shipping will require that the vehicle is completely empty other than the floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. The cost of this method is cheaper than any other possible methods.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory