Le Rocher or Monaco Ville is the old town in the City of Monaco within the nation by the same name. Located in one of the most prosperous nations in the French Riviera, Monaco Ville is scenically located on the rocky headland which panoramically extends onto the Mediterranean Sea. Though it is surrounded by the urban and densely populated center, this part of the city maintains the old world charm of the medieval village. Only the locals are allowed to go up the Rock, through the tourist centric areas are open, while all gasoline powered vehicles are not allowed after 10 pm.
As the country holds high employment opportunities, there are many people from Italy and France that commute to work here. Thus, whether you are studying here or plan to move on a work permit, chances are high that you will need to have your vehicle to commute. With an extensive road network that is well- maintained, your commute to work or travel within the city and in the rest of French Riviera would become more enjoyable.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing vehicle from USA to Monaco Ville.
Considering the affable unilateral relationship with U.S, importing your vehicle to Monaco Ville is easy. Compared to importing to other countries, the rules are very flexible in Monaco and you might be able to get your personal vehicle imported duty free. If you are planning on permanent residency, you might be eligible to have your vehicle shipped duty free. For those that are residents of Monaco but moved abroad for over a year but are returning are allowed to have the vehicle shipped duty free. However, it is essential that you owned the vehicle for over six months. You will need to submit the documents pertaining to the car’s engine number, chassis details, model and registration including title deed. Additionally, proof of ownership, ID and valid passport will be needed.
There are other Monaco transport departments considerations that need to be adhered to when you are planning to import your vehicle to Monaco include:
- Only if the owner of the vehicle is a citizen of Monaco, can the vehicle be re-registered in Monaco. Additionally, you need to have the valid driving license and your car or vehicle needs to conform to the EU standards apart from the requirements of the Monegasque authorities.
- For those non-residents that own property in Monaco can get the car registered on a renewable annual contract.
It is equally important to hire an experienced shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service that has over 20 years of experience shipping vehicles to Europe and rest of the world. These are some common and safe methods of shipping to Monaco from U.S:
- Container shipping includes putting your vehicle and other possessions as per the custom regulations. Then the container is sealed and loaded on the freight ship for transportation.
- While the other method RORO or Roll-on/Roll-Off only allows the vehicle without any personal possessions to be harnessed on the deck of the freight ship after it is driven on. Only floor mats, spare tire and set of extra keys are allowed on board.
To know the latest details on the regulations governing import of cars to Monaco, contact the Embassy of Monaco today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?