- Car Shipping Moldova
- Shipping A Car To Moldova From The United States
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Moldova
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Necessary Steps To Take Before Transporting Your Car
- Required Documents To Ship A Vehicle To Moldova
- Automobile Transportation Methods To Moldova
- Upon Arrival In Moldova
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Moldova
- Overseas Transport Methods For The Delivery Of Heavy And Oversized Cargo
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Moldova
Shipping A Car To Moldova From The United States
Shipping A Car To Moldova.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Moldova is not an easy location to get to from the U.S. and the cost of shipping a car there reflects that usually running between $2,600 and $6,100 in total transport costs.
- Part of the reason it is more expensive is that there no direct shipment route available by boat, meaning the shipper has to arrange for standard auto shipping in addition to transport by boat.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Moldova
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Giurgiulești||$200||$2,800||5+37|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Giurgiulești||$450||$2,800||5+37|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Giurgiulești||$475||$2,800||6+37|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Giurgiulești||$550||$2,800||6+37|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Giurgiulești||$575||$2,300||6+24|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Giurgiulești||$675||$2,300||6+24|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Giurgiulești||$700||$2,300||6+24|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Giurgiulești||$775||$2,800||7+37|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Giurgiulești||$800||$2,300||6+24|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Giurgiulești||$1,075||$2,300||7+24|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When exporting a vehicle to Moldova, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Moldova possesses a climate that is best described as temperate and continental. The country has four distinct seasons, which are clearly defined. The winters are relatively mild and short, while the summers are long, hot, and quite humid. Since the warm and humid air from the Mediterranean often wafts into the country, Moldova does experience abundant rainfall. Since the country does experience extremes in temperature, including freezing days of snowfall as well as humid summer days, it would be advisable to travel there during one of the more temperate seasons, such as spring or fall.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. With the extreme cold and snow, it might be best to avoid shipping goods to Moldova during the winter.
It is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with such a storied and developed country as Moldova.
Moldova’s customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country have strengthened and become more efficient in recent years. It is a country that is more advanced than neighboring countries such as Romania.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Necessary Steps To Take Before Transporting Your Car
In preparing to ship a vehicle to Moldova, certain paperwork must be taken care of.
Required Documents To Ship A Vehicle To Moldova
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
- Bill of lading.
Visit the Moldova Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Moldova.
Keep in mind that banks in the country of Moldova are closed and both Saturdays as well as Sundays.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Also, to avoid having your car quarantined before shipping, be careful to steam-clean the interior before you leave. Because your chosen shipping firm won't have to transport your vehicle to a quarantine facility, then a cleaning facility, and finally back to the shipping facility, the delivery procedure will be sped up. You may speed up the delivery process and reduce the likelihood that your vehicle will be damaged by skipping these unnecessary steps.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Moldova
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Moldova.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Moldova. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Moldova before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Moldova. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Moldova
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Moldova.
- Driving in Moldova: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Moldova are as quickly as possible. The roads, signs, and highways of Moldova are modern and well maintained, at least, in the major cities. It has been reported that once one travels outside the major cities, the roads become poorly lit and in need of repair.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Moldova.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Moldova
Transporting your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Moldova is no concern for A1 Auto Transport. We have access to the strongest and highest quality shipping equipment as well as the most current shipping technology. In our time, we’ve shipped countless types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo to countries all over the world including the following:
- Large Vehicles
- Heavy Machinery
- Farm Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
- Yachts and Pontoon Boats
- Log Loaders and more…
As licensed transport specialists, we offer each one of our shipping customers insurance coverage during their transport. Since this is only partial coverage, we do have other optional insurance packages that extend their coverage to protect the full value of your cargo.
Overseas Transport Methods for the Delivery of Heavy and Oversized Cargo
With our exceptional shipping options and specialists, we are positive we can safely have your cargo shipped to Moldova. Once you provide us with some information concerning your transport needs and cargo type, we will be able to tell you of your shipping options. The kind of equipment or cargo you need shipping services for will dictate what transport methods you have to choose from. To give you some insight as to what we have available for overseas deliveries overall, here is a brief description of each service we offer...
- LoLo Shipping (Lift On/Lift Off): This open air service is available to anyone who will need their cargo lifted onto the boat with a crane. EX: inoperable vehicles, crated equipment, large engines, construction pipes, etc.
- RoRo Shipping (Roll On/Roll Off): Out of all the transport methods available, RoRo is the least expensive. This transport method is offered to those with large vehicles or equipment that can drive onto a ramp to access the boat.
- Container Shipping: This is the only overseas transport method that is enclosed. Since it offers more protection from bad weather and outside elements, it tends to cost more than the other options. To use this method of transport, your cargo must fit into a 40ft container. If possible, we will disassemble your equipment to fit it into the container if you wish to use this method.
- Flat Rack Shipping: This is the most secure form of open air shipping and it includes securing your equipment to a large metal frame to prevent it from shifting as it travels oversea.