Shipping A Car To Guinea-Bissau
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a vehicle from the U.S. to Guinea-Bissau can cost $1,700 for container shipping, all the way up to $5,000 or more for other shipments, mainly oversize and nonstandard vehicles.
- Shipping costs to West Africa are not always consistent so it’s best to get an estimate for the most accurate current pricing.
Guinea- Bissau is located in West Africa bordered by Guinea and Senegal and was ruled by the Portuguese till the 20th century. If a move to this rustic and panoramic country is on the cards, you’ll need to ship your car or other vehicles before you relocate.
Though it can be a lengthy process to ship your car over to Guinea – Bissau, you will need to know the rules and regulations in transporting. Following rules and regulations will ensure a safe transport with no delays. The shipping company prepares the Bill of Lading after the vehicle has been put on board and is an essential requirement for international shipping. Additionally, the Shippers Export Declaration (SED) is submitted to the US Customs for clearing the container.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping your Car Overseas From The United States
If you don’t have your car ready, it could delay your shipping date for up to weeks at a time. Your vehicle will be inspected upon arrival to ensure everyone’s safety and to make sure that you are transporting legally. When you ship a car to Guinea – Bissau, there are only certain ports that accept them; port of Bolama and Port of Bissau. You will need to use car transportation services to get your car to the island destination.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Guinea-Bissau
There are a few documents that you will need in order to transport your car from the United States to Guinea – Bissau.
- Vehicle Export Declaration APX. This document will need to be submitted with all the exporting information on your vehicle. It needs to be in the hands of US Customs prior to your ship out date. You can send it to them in the form of a shippers export declaration. If you don’t have one of these turned in, your car will not ship when it’s time to load.
- You will need to fax the title of your vehicle. Make sure that you fix both front and back of the title for clarity.
- You will need to fax a copy of your photo I.D.
- You will need to fax a copy of your social security number. If you don’t have this card, you can write the number or your passport number onto the photo I.D. page.
- Original title & registration
- Bill of lading
- Detailed packing list
Getting all the shipping documentation in order is essential before you start the process of selecting the best car shipping service because the regulations remain the same.
When shipping to Guinea – Bissau you will have two choices:
Roll on/Roll off: If you go with the more cost effective option, you will need to:
- Have a small amount of gas in the tank to load the car on and off the ship.
- Fill out the proper documentation and place a security seal on your vehicle as instructed.
- Don’t load the car up with personal items as this is not allowed.
- Someone will be responsible for rolling the car on the ship so crew members can secure it and then rolling the car off the ship once the destination has been reached.
Container shipping: If you plan on going with the container shipping options, you will need:
- Provide all the necessary paperwork including clear title and insurance documents.
- Cars are always the last items loaded on a ship and face the container doors.
- Hire a flat-bed truck that will raise the car to the container entrance.
- The driver you hire will also be responsible for bracing the vehicle and ensuring that it will stay secured during the transport.
- Ensure that the container door is shut and secure it before exiting the ship.
When the car reaches the new country, it is best to pay the import duty and other relevant taxes immediately for early clearance from the port. You will be required to apply for the driver’s license and registration with the local authorities. Additionally, you can contact the US Embassy in Guinea – Bissau for assistance.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?