Ship Car To Or From Ecuador.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Though it depends on where you’re shipping from in the U.S. and what type of vehicle it is, most shipping costs to Ecuador cost in the range of $1,600 to $3,900.
- Import taxes are rather high in Ecuador so keep in mind that there are additional costs beyond just the price of shipping.
There are two main ways to have your vehicle shipped to Ecuador aboard an ocean-going vessel. The first of these is known as RORO, which means Roll-on/Roll-off, and indicates a method of shipping wherein a vehicle is driven on and off the ship by means of a ramp. This is the least expensive shipping method because the vehicle is not enclosed or protected as it would be in the other shipping method.
Container shipping calls for your vehicle to be hoisted on and off the ship while in port by a crane that carefully moves it from the dock to ship and ship to dock. These containers are either 20 ft. containers or 40 ft., depending on the size of your car. This is the more expensive option, owing to the protection it provides.
In either of these two cases, the vehicle must first be somehow taken to the port of departure, which means you’ll have to arrange either to drive it there yourself or to have the transport company pick it up at your door and transport it to the terminal (for an additional fee). Just which port of departure this is will depend on your geographic location in the U.S.
The U.S. has major ports on both coasts like Norfolk in the east and Seattle in the west, as well as Miami and Houston in the south. The destination port in Ecuador could be one of the several ports that border the Pacific Ocean on the country’s west coast, but Guayaquil City is both the largest city and the largest port in Ecuador and would be a likely possibility.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
International Shipping Requirements.
Before you can ship your vehicle internationally, you must provide proof that it is eligible for shipping, i.e. that there are no liens against it, or if there are liens, you must have approval of the lienholder. You must also have a valid driver’s license, the original bill of sale for the vehicle, and your passport, all of which will need to be presented at Ecuador Customs.
Ecuador also requires that any vehicle being imported in to the country be newer than 5 years old, so as to be equipped with the most modern emission standards, and not be harmful to the country’s environment.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
U.S. Customs will require that you supply documentation to them about the proposed shipment at least three days in advance, but you should have this taken care of long before then, so it doesn’t become something that holds up your vehicle in port.
Whomever you choose as your international vehicle shipper will probably be aware of these and all other relevant shipping regulations, but it is wise to educate yourself about the basics so that nothing slips through the cracks. Any missing piece of documentation or any requirement left unhandled can mean days or weeks of your vehicle being frozen in port until the situation is resolved.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Ecuador.
- Import license.
- Vehicle inspection certificate.
- Original invoice.
- Import permit from Ministry of Finance.
In the majority of cases, vehicles brought into Ecuador from another country must be brand new or very close to it. Vehicles may be up to one year old, providing that the odometer does not have more than 600 miles on it.
Other Cost Considerations.
Your chosen transport company will be able to provide you with an accurate quote after many of the decisions already mentioned above have been made. The factors influencing cost are how the car will reach the departure port, the shipping method, the dimensions of the car (because it will take up that much space either on the deck or in a container), shipping insurance, and any taxes and import levies imposed by sending or receiving ports. Once these are all known, you should have a very good idea of the total cost of exporting your car to Ecuador.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How can I safely ship my car to Ecuador?
- What do transport services cost to ship a car to Ecuador?
- Is there anything I should know about shipping a car to Ecuador?
- Shipping a car to Ecuador through RORO transport is worth the cost
- What will import taxes cost if I ship a car from the US to Ecuador?
- Why shipping your car to Ecuador through a qualified transporter is the only way
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?