Shipping A Car To Dubai
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- From the United States, the majority of car shipping delivers to Dubai can be made for $3,000 to $7,000.
- The best ways to minimize the cost are to ship your vehicle in a transport container, which can be split with another party to further reduce the total cost.
The Information you need when exporting your vehicle from the U.S. to Dubai (one of the seven United Arab Emirates)
One of the most important things you can do when importing your vehicle to Dubai is to choose the right international shipper. This should be a company with a great deal of experience in shipping to Dubai, and well aware of all the requirements both at the port of origin and the port of destination. A knowledgeable company that anticipates problems before they occur could mean the difference between a smooth transport and a long hang-up. You can gain an understanding of the relevant regulations yourself by browsing through Dubai Shipping Customs Regulations.
There are several ports in the south from which your vehicle might depart, including Port Everglades, Miami, Houston, or Galveston, or several on the eastern and western coasts. To determine which port would be closest to your home, you can check a map of U.S. Ports. This will be important in figuring whether you need to have your vehicle shipped door-to-port (picked up at your home) or port-to-port (you drive it to the shipping port). There are two main ports in Dubai which could serve as the destination port, Port Rashid and Jebel Ali, both of which are operated under the auspices of the Dubai Ports Authority.
There are several things that will affect the cost of transporting your vehicle to Dubai. One of those was mentioned above, the door-to-port vs. port-to-port plan for getting the vehicle to its point of origin. The next thing to determine is whether it will be shipped in an exclusive container (the most expensive option), a shared container (slightly less expensive), or shipped via RORO, which stands for ‘roll-on/roll-off’, and means your car will be driven on and off the ship and will be exposed during transport.
Other factors affecting cost will be the amount of insurance purchased if any, the size of your vehicle, and possibly the time of year, if it’s at a time when fewer departures are scheduled. Don’t forget to include taxes and any other port-imposed tariffs which might be levied. Your shipping carrier will probably be aware of all these, and can help you plan for them.
Once you know all these, your shipping carrier will be able to give you a fairly accurate quote for the entire operation.
Required Documents For Shipping A Car To Dubai
In many cases, your shipping carrier will be able to advise you on all the necessary paperwork required end-to-end for a hassle-free transport to Dubai, but you may want to make yourself aware of these issues as well, so as to avoid any snags in the process.
- Certificate of origin or title
- Invoice with shipper’s information
- Bill of lading
- Order of delivery (from shipper)
- Passport & Visa (or residence permit)
- Value estimate
- Eligibility. Make sure your vehicle is eligible to be shipped to another country. The exact laws governing eligibility are listed in Title 19 of the U.S. File with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This is one of those areas that may be handled by your shipper, but be sure and confirm this. Documentation must be submitted to this agency at least 72 hours before the vehicle can be exported, and it is advisable to allow even more time.
- Retrieving the vehicle. If anyone other than the registered owner is picking up the vehicle at the destination port, written authorization is necessary to avoid complications regarding identity.
- Title transfer. After the vehicle has been successfully shipped and retrieved, it will be necessary to transfer the title over to follow the required Dubai standards. You may also have to get the vehicle inspected, and pay additional taxes.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!