Ship Your Car To Or From Czech Republic
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For a normal sized car from the U.S., it costs $1,600 to $3,300 to import a car from the U.S.
- Customs and VAT (value added tax) are roughly 30%, based on the assessed value of your vehicle so that’s an important additional cost to bear in mind.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Czech Republic
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Prague||$200||$2,700||5+34|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Prague||$400||$1,600||5+20|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Prague||$475||$2,700||6+34|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Prague||$550||$2,700||6+34|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Prague||$575||$1,600||6+20|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Prague||$700||$1,600||6+20|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Prague||$775||$2,700||7+34|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Prague||$800||$1,600||6+20|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Prague||$925||$1,600||7+20|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Prague||$1,025||$2,700||7+34|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
As a member of the European Union, the Czech Republic follows the same standards of importation set forth by the other members within the conglomeration of countries. That being said, there are still nuances that are specific to the Czech Republic that you will need to follow when importing your vehicle into the country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Czech Republic
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
In order for a vehicle to be exported to the Czech Republic, it will need to meet the standards of road readiness before it can be awarded entry. One of the first standards that are checked is the emission standards. This is typically a problem for many vehicles made in the United States because Europe has vastly different emission standards than the U.S. Fixing the emission standards of a vehicle can be a costly process, so you will need to determine whether your car meets the Czech Republic’s standard or not.
In addition, the vehicle must also be inspected to ensure that its technical specifications are up to code. This means they will check the brakes, tires, bumpers, engine, blinker, and other parts in order to ensure the safety of the vehicle before allowing it into the country.
The process for making the car road legal for the Czech Republic can be a long one taking at least a month. It may cost about 15.000 CZK, excluding import taxes in order to import your vehicle into the Czech Republic. Most people find that selling your car back home and buying a new one once you arrive in the Czech Republic is the most financially beneficial option.
Note: For older vehicles, there is an additional ‘eco-tax’ of 10.000 CZK.
Duties and Taxes
Cars being imported from outside the EU will be charged a customs duty of 10% of the vehicle’s market value and a value added tax of 19%. Both of these charges will need to be paid before the vehicle can be imported into the country. From within the EU, no customs duty will need to be paid and the VAT will be the difference in the taxes between the two countries.
However, if you have previously owned the car for at least a year abroad and have used the car for a minimum of six months prior to importation, no duties or VATs will be required because the vehicle is considered part of your personal possessions, which are exempt.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Czech Republic
In order to import your vehicle into the Czech Republic, you will need the following documents:
- Proof of purchase.
- Certificate of the title.
- Personal/company declaration.
- Copy of housing contract.
- Copy of long-term visa.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of work permit.
For more information regarding the importation of your vehicle, please visit Alexio.cz.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Czech Republic
Hiring qualified transporters with experience in the international shipping process of heavy equipment and oversized cargo is the outright safest and most affordable way to get your equipment delivered to the Czech Republic. As leaders in the auto transport industry, A1 Auto Transport has been shipping large and heavy cargo all over the globe for nearly 30 years. With our extensive clientele, we are frequently asked to ship all types of cargo overseas. Some of the heavy equipment and oversized cargo types we have shipped in the past, and are certainly able to ship again include…
- Construction Equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, cranes, etc.
- Mining Equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, etc.
- Paving Equipment including asphalt pavers, planers, compactors, motor graders, reclaimers, etc.
- Agricultural Equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, balers, backhoes, spreaders, drills, mowers, etc.
International Shipping Methods Used for Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo
There are several methods of overseas transport available to those trying to ship their cargo from the U.S. to the Czech Republic. After you describe your cargo to the representatives we have awaiting on your phone call, you will learn of which methods are available to you as according to the type of cargo you have. However, we’d like to give you a glimpse as to how we’re capable of overseeing your international transport by telling you a little bit about each of our overseas shipping methods.
- Flat Rack- an open air service that secures your cargo to a metal flat rack before it is placed on the ship. Securing it to the metal frame prevents your cargo from shifting during its travels.
- LoLo Shipping- this open air service is for anyone with inoperable vehicles or crated equipment. A crane is used to carefully get your cargo on top of and off of the ship.
- RoRo Shipping- this is the most popular and affordable of all the options. Your vehicle must be operable or able to roll onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Container Shipping- As the most expensive method, this transport option encloses your cargo within metal walls and a ceiling as long as it can fit into the 40ft container.
- Overseas moving services to Czech Republic
- Moving business to the Czech republic
- Czech republic container shipping