Ship Your Car To Or From Czech Republic.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For a normal sized car from the U.S., it costs $1,600 to $3,300 to import a car from the U.S.
- Customs and VAT (value added tax) are roughly 30%, based on the assessed value of your vehicle so that’s an important additional cost to bear in mind.
As a member of the European Union, the Czech Republic follows the same standards of importation set forth by the other members within the conglomeration of countries. That being said, there are still nuances that are specific to the Czech Republic that you will need to follow when importing your vehicle into the country.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Czech Republic.
In order for a vehicle to be exported to the Czech Republic, it will need to meet the standards of road readiness before it can be awarded entry. One of the first standards that are checked is the emission standards. This is typically a problem for many vehicles made in the United States because Europe has vastly different emission standards than the U.S. Fixing the emission standards of a vehicle can be a costly process, so you will need to determine whether your car meets the Czech Republic’s standard or not.
In addition, the vehicle must also be inspected to ensure that its technical specifications are up to code. This means they will check the brakes, tires, bumpers, engine, blinker, and other parts in order to ensure the safety of the vehicle before allowing it into the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The process for making the car road legal for the Czech Republic can be a long one taking at least a month. It may cost about 15.000 CZK, excluding import taxes in order to import your vehicle into the Czech Republic. Most people find that selling your car back home and buying a new one once you arrive in the Czech Republic is the most financially beneficial option.
Note: For older vehicles, there is an additional ‘eco-tax’ of 10.000 CZK.
Duties and Taxes.
Cars being imported from outside the EU will be charged a customs duty of 10% of the vehicle’s market value and a value added tax of 19%. Both of these charges will need to be paid before the vehicle can be imported into the country. From within the EU, no customs duty will need to be paid and the VAT will be the difference in the taxes between the two countries.
However, if you have previously owned the car for at least a year abroad and have used the car for a minimum of six months prior to importation, no duties or VATs will be required because the vehicle is considered part of your personal possessions, which are exempt.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Czech Republic.
In order to import your vehicle into the Czech Republic, you will need the following documents:
- Proof of purchase.
- Certificate of the title.
- Personal/company declaration.
- Copy of housing contract.
- Copy of long-term visa.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of work permit.
For more information regarding the importation of your vehicle, please visit Alexio.cz.
Related Information & FAQs.
- What are my shipping options to get a car from the US to the Czech Republic?
- Shipping a car to Czech Republic through professional transport services in the US
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory