When you need to ship a motorcycle outside of the country, the safest and most efficient way to do so is through a reputable and nearby international auto transport company. Of course, they should have plenty of experience in international deliveries as well as motorcycle shipping. This only assures a successful overseas delivery. There is a lot involved in international motorcycle shipping and if the process isn’t addressed properly, you may easily find your bike is denied access into the country you need it delivered.
A1 Auto Transport has been conducting international motorcycle deliveries for nearly 25 years. We know how to cooperate with the laws for import in other countries and how to deal with export from the U.S. We even offer various methods of transport and many optional services to assure you’re satisfied with your experience. Not to mention, we offer some of the most affordable rates around.
Preparing a Vehicle for International Shipping
Preparing your bike for its international shipping process may take some time. To lawfully ship a motorcycle off to another country, you must pay attention to the laws. You’ll be asked to present specific documentation to Customs. This includes typical paperwork for the car such as title and registration, the original invoice, and your license or ID. You may be asked to show other forms of proof as well. Their knowledge of exports and imports for vehicles is extremely helpful in international vehicle shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Not only must you prepare the documentation, but you’ll have to get the bike itself ready. Below is standard preparation for a bike before transport.
- Cleaning the inside and outside of the vehicle so that all dirt and debris is gone.
- Removing any possessions from the vehicle. This includes GPS systems, DVD players, and any other electronics or items that didn’t originally come with the vehicle when it was manufactured.
- Top off all fluids in the vehicle except the fuel. The gas tank shouldn’t have more than a ¼ of a tank of fuel in it.
- Have the vehicle looked at by professional technicians and write down any damages or problems with the vehicle. Even note any visible markings and take pictures.
To learn more about the international shipping for motorcycles through the reliable transport specialists at A1 Auto Transport, contact us at (800) 452-2880. We will even provide you with a no obligation, FREE quote!
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?