Do you own a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Bentley, Koenigsegg, Mercedes or a Rolls Royce? Then this piece is for you! We all know how big a fortune luxury vehicles cost. To many of you owners, it is one of your most-prized possessions. You would do anything to keep it in perfect shape. One tiny scratch on the custom paint job and you almost have to rethink the entire paint job. Well, of course, unless you are one of the Fast and Furious cast that don’t mind putting a scratch here and a dent there on their smoothly polished rides. If you are not that insane, then you need an ideal auto transport firm to ship your high-end vehicle from one point to another.
At A-1 Auto Transport Inc., we understand the pressure that comes with shipping your high-value vehicle. You may be moving into a new home, or simply shipping one of your collector’s item vintage cars into a warehouse. We got you covered. Not sure of whether to ship your luxury car inside the same 50-foot container that your household goods are in, or shipping it separately on a dedicated vehicle shipping trailer? Worry not. With over 25 years of experience, our hands are tailor-made to handle any, if not all brands of expensive vehicles.
Understand the shipping options
First off, you need to understand that there are two main luxury vehicle shipping options available; terminal to terminal shipping and door to door shipping. Of course, the former is less expensive, helping you save as much as $500 at each terminal. However, this must be arranged prior to the shipping day. The latter proves to be a tad more expensive due to the door to door service particulars. Such include the terrain of the location, possible tight spots hindering maneuverability, and overall road conditions. All these factors play a role in determining the safety of shipping your expensive vehicle.
Understand the mode of shipping
Secondly, you have to choose between land transportation, air or ocean freight. The mode of shipping your luxurious vehicle will most likely be determined by distance, budget, and of course, preference. Again, your preferred automotive shipping company will guide you in choosing the most ideal option for you. Have a look at our freight options. Let us break it down further.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
This mode is most ideal for shipping your high-end vehicle across the country by road. It is also most ideal for luxury car owners relocating to a whole new location with their households and furniture. You have the liberty to choose between shipping your high-value vehicle in the same container as your households or in a dedicated vehicle carrier.
In the case of the former options, your moving company will make arrangements to acquire a large enough cargo container to comfortably leave enough room for your vehicle even after all the furniture and household items have been loaded in.
Shipping your high-value vehicle using a dedicated vehicle trailer, on the other hand, gives you more options to choose from. These include:
- Multicar trailer trucks – Ideal for shipping more than one luxury vehicle.
- Multi-level vehicle carriers – Ships more than two vehicles arranged in levels stacking upwards.
- Non-stacking trailers – Ships more than two vehicles without stacking them upwards.
- Open or Enclosed – This is typically an option for the above three options. You can choose whether to envelope your luxury vehicles with a dust cover or ship them without any cover. You can choose to opt for an enclosed container especially if you wish to ship one or two luxury vehicles.
At A-1 Auto transport, we provide all services but we advise our clients to opt for a dedicated vehicle carrier with an enclosed cargo container as it is safer and it protects your prized possession from elements such as high humidity.
Air is the fastest mode of transport. However, it can be really expensive. Only opt for this option if you do not mind blowing off some commas from your bank account. It is also arguably the safest too. Take a look at some of the Cargo airlines in the US offering vehicle shipping.
This is the most common mode of transporting vehicles, including luxurious ones. It is the most ideal for overseas transportation. An enclosed container with special plywood interior walls is used. You can get a dedicated one for shipping your vehicle only, or one large one for your households and vehicle.
When shipping your luxurious vehicle, remember to disconnect all alarm systems and drain off all the fuel to ensure it is transport ready. Also, pick a terminal close to a gas outlet to fill her up soon as she arrives.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory