Shipping a car to Bangladesh is best done through a professional transport company in the U.S. Although the taxes for import are usually high and the cost of shipping must be paid, the total cost is much less than any alternative option. Shipping services are known to be cost effective and worth every penny.
Before you ship a car to Bangladesh, you should figure out how much it will cost you. Contact several transport companies about their services and receive a few quotes. After comparing each transporter, hire the one you feel is best suited for the job. Then, contact the Embassy of Bangladesh and ask about the auto import policy and taxes associated with the vehicle’s entry into the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Information on Bangladesh Custom Duty Rates.
What you pay out in import taxes is subject to change at any time. However, for a private car with an engine size of 1500cc to enter Bangladesh you can expect to pay around 25% for duties and a 15% VAT. Other taxes that may apply include a supplemental duty, an advance income tax, and a regular duty.
It is always wise to consult with your auto transport company and the embassy about the taxes that must be paid before the transport. Pay these taxes before the shipping process is to begin and make sure that you save the receipt. You will need to provide this proof to Customs to gain import approval.
Bangladesh Vehicle Import Regulations.
- Only diplomats and privileged individuals receive duty free import
- All vehicles must be younger than 6 years old
- You must be able to provide Customs with proof of the chassis number, age of the vehicle, and the model number.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?