Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Dubuque, Iowa
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Dubuque Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Welcome to your guide to using auto transport companies in Dubuque, Iowa! Below you’ll find some local information about the history of the area, some tips for using car shipping companies and a directory of local vehicle transporters in the area.
Visit us here to know more about shipping in this area.
The City of Dubuque, Iowa lies along the Mississippi River where the borders of Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin meet. It is the county seat of Dubuque County and is a prominent location in the Midwest for tourism, education, and manufacturing. The city also has a place in vehicle and transportation history: the Adams-Farwell was a car manufactured in the city between 1905 and 1912.
Using Dubuque Vehicle Transport Companies
- Brokers & Carriers – There are two types of companies that you will find when searching online for auto transporters. The first is a broker that arranges the transport between the customer and the carrier. The second is the auto carrier–the company or person who will actually be driving the vehicle that transports your car. Dealing directly with the company who will move the car is preferable for some, while others may want the options that are available when working with a broker. Keep reading to learn more about carriers, brokers and how to tell the difference.
- MC Number – An MC number, also known as operating authority, is something that any company must have, whether they are a broker or a carrier. Operating authority may also be designated by FF# or MX#, depending on what type of operating authority is granted. A broker will have only an MC, FF, or MX number and are not required to have a USDOT# (see below). The different classifications for operating authority are mostly based on the weight and type of cargo being transported.
Look up an auto transport company by MC# or USDOT# by using the licensing and insurance portal from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
U.S. DOT Number – If a company claims to be an auto carrier, ask for the U.S. DOT#. With this, you can verify the information they provide and look them up using the link listed above. It’s important to know that some states do require a U.S. DOT number, while others do not. Click here to see a complete listing of the states that must have a USDOT# to operate legally.
For more information about local services and companies, visit the official website for the City of Dubuque, Iowa.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Dubuque Auto Transport Company Directory
Alpine Transport Inc
An auto transporter that offers open and enclosed carriers, Alpine Transport ships cars locally, nationwide and internationally. They also deliver motorcycles and have excellent customer reviews.
1111 Paine St.
Decorah, IA 52101
Executive Auto Shippers LLC
Though they’re not located in Dubuque, Executive Auto Shippers does serve customers in the area. They provide a host of services that include domestic and international car transport and they also move just about any type of vehicle.
7309 SE 6th Ave.
Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
Bullet Motorcycle Transport
A family owned transport company, Bullet Motorcycle Transport specializes in the quick shipment of motorcycles, ATVs, and UTVs. They ship to the lower 48 states, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Norway, and Finland.
114 Grant St. N
Bondurant, IA 50035
Dubuque, IA Auto Resources
Vintage Torque Fest – A fundraiser and vintage auto show held each year in Dubuque, the Vintage Torque Fest also celebrates the arts, music and clothes. The festival brings people from all over the U.S. and, though it is a vintage and hot rod festival, all cars are welcome.
Dubuque includes ZIP codes:
52001, 52002, 52003, 52004, 52099.