What’s the Most Popular Way to Ship a Motorcycle?
The most popular way to ship a motorcycle is through open air shipping methods. Although open air methods are recommended for shorter distances of travel, it is a safe and less costly way to transport your motorcycle. This method is commonly used by dealerships, manufacturers and motorcycle enthusiasts.
When a motorcycle is shipped nationally through open air methods, it is placed atop a flatbed trailer or secured to another open framed hauler. The bike is secured using the latest and most durable transport tools and equipment. Once it is completely ready, the driver will begin traveling to the motorcycle’s destination.
If shipping a motorcycle overseas, the same concept is followed. The motorcycle is placed on top of a flatbed freight ship. It is secured and carefully monitored during its travels to its new home across the vast waters.
Although open air transport leaves the bike open to outside elements that could potentially cause it harm, it is very unlikely it will suffer damage. A1’s professionals are equipped with current technology to warn them of poor weather conditions, traffic reports and road construction areas. The drivers do whatever they feel is necessary to get the motorcycle delivered safely. They’ll halt travels or find alternative routes to assure its safety. The shipping customer is always given notification of any changes made while the bike is in our hands for delivery.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?