There are many different types of RV’s in the world, but this is no challenge for a reputable RV shipping company. With a reputable business, you can take advantage of state-of-the-art transport carriers.
A great benefit to hiring an RV transport company is that you can safely ship your RV and avoid unwanted wear and tear on the vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing an RV for Transport.
- Secure Everything: Anything that might come loose during transport needs to be fastened down. Make sure to check latches, drawers, windows, doors, vents and awnings. Do not forget to take down wall hangings.
- Remove Personal Items: If you have anything of value on the RV, make sure to remove it and ship it separately. Vibrations during transit might make something break which the moving company cannot be held responsible for. Items left inside the RV that have the potential to break might also damage the inside of the RV. So make sure to remove personal items before the ship date.
- General Maintenance: By performing some basic maintenance you can rest assured that your RV, motorhome or trailer is in road-ready condition. You will need to check the tire pressure and fluid levels prior to the scheduled ship date.
- Disconnect Gas & Power: Turn off any gas lines or power supplies that must be disconnected prior to transport. Lights, fans, refrigerators and other appliances inside the RV should be unplugged.
How Much does it Cost to Ship an RV?
To find out how much it will cost you to ship your RV, you will need to talk to an agent from the RV transport company. The make and model of the RV and distance both play a role in how much you will pay in the end. To discuss a quote, contact a professional transport company.
Related Information & FAQ.
- About RV camper shipping and why it's wise to hire professionals
- Compare RV shipping companies before booking your transport
- Find RV shipping in the USA that you can afford
- How does an RV shipping calculator work and is it accurate?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.