For some people, owning a motorcycle is one of the greatest joys in life. When relocating from Wasilla, Alaska to somewhere nearer to the East Coast, riding your bike to the new home is probably the last thing on you would even consider. Not only will you lack the space to take any of your belongings with you, but the motorcycle could suffer some minor damage from the road. The excessive miles put on the motorcycle are also detrimental to its health.
At least a few weeks prior to your scheduled relocation date, start the hunt for a trustworthy transport company in or near Wasilla. Motorcycle transport services are designed to get your bike from one location to the next without causing it harm. These services can be customized and often provide customers with a timely shipping process. All motorcycle transport companies who uphold the right qualities and standards will cover their customers’ bikes under their insurance policy during the time it is in their care. In rare situations where damages might occur to the motorcycle during its shipping process, the transport company’s insurance will pay for the necessary repairs.
Bracing the Motorcycle for Transport
Getting the motorcycle ready for transport involves a little preparation. Nevertheless, it is suggested by all professional transport companies and is even in your best interest, to follow the given instructions. Typically, the transport company will only ask that you do a few things to the bike.
- Wash the motorcycle off and free it from clods of dirt and other debris.
- Disconnect the alarm and battery.
- Leave the fuel tank ¼ full or less.
- Check tire pressure.
- Write down any damages already existing on the bike.
- Remove any loose or unnecessary items such as saddle bags, drink holders, or other gear that wasn’t placed by the manufacturer.
- Remove handlebars if specifically requested. This is usually only necessary for crated shipping methods.
When you prepare the motorcycle for shipping, you are only encouraging the bike’s safe arrival to the next location. By writing down all preexisting damages, you will be more likely to notice any harm that didn’t exist prior to the bike’s travels. Refer to the notes you took after the motorcycle’s arrival. Begin your personal inspection of its condition after its lengthy journey.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?