- Usag Okinawa Torii Station Auto Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Shipping To A Base In The Oconus Area
- Full List Of Military Shipping Services We Offer
- Military Car Shipping
- Preparing Your Car For Shipment
- Military Motorcycle Shipping
- Preparing Your Motorcycle For Shipment
- Contact Us
USAG Okinawa Torii Station Auto Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The United States Army Garrison Okinawa is located in Yomitan, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. Okinawa has a high cost of living. Setting up a home and buying a car are the two most expensive aspects of moving to Okinawa.
You will surely want to move your stuff when your PCS necessitates you to relocate to another military base. This is where we come into play.
We can assist you in shipping your vehicle to USAG Okinawa Torii Station or another military post within or outside of the United States. A-1 Auto Transport is well-known for providing a wide range of car shipping services to regions where members of the US military are stationed.
Shipping to a Base in the OCONUS Area
If you are stationed at the USAG Okinawa Torii Station in Japan, you are entitled to free cargo transportation. As a military member, you are well aware that the government will determine your cargo weight restriction depending on your military rank. The good news is that you can also ship other legal stuff to your station, including your personal vehicle. Getting your car to a US military base will be challenging. The fact is that you might not be aware of the actions necessary to achieve a smooth transition. A-1 Auto Transport, on the other hand, can help you send your car to any military base in the United States.
Full List of Military Shipping Services We Offer
Here are the military shipping services that are provided by A-1 Auto Transport to USAG Okinawa Torii Station:
Military Car Shipping
Domestic and international PCS military shipments are also available through our shipping services.
Since the military will cover the costs, you can have your automobile delivered to your military base for free. However, you should be aware that shipping another car will involve the payment of import duty, which you will be liable for rather than the government.
Preparing your car for shipment
Try to remember the following before transporting your vehicle:
- If your car has significant body damage, it won't be allowed on the road.
- Tires must be the proper size and not extend past the fender. It's also not a good idea to combine radial and non-radial tires.
- Before sending your car, look for any issues with the body parts and try to fix them.
- Remove any easily detachable items, such as CD players, cassette decks, and pull-out radios, to reduce the risk of petty theft. However, you do not need to remove your catalytic converter.
- Since it is illegal, don't tint your windows.
- Before you ship, check with your transportation officer for the most up-to-date information on restricted items.
The following documents will make the process of shipping your car to USAG Okinawa Torii Station in Japan easier:
- As proof of eligibility, you will be asked to submit a copy of your official orders and modifications.
- Please bring a photo ID with you as identification.
- As proof of ownership, you will be required to bring a copy of your title and registration.
Military Motorcycle Shipping
Your motorcycle can be delivered to USAG Okinawa Torii, as well as any other military base in the United States or around the world. You don't need to be concerned about your motorcycle's safety or how you'll get it to your military base. A-1 Auto Transport will make sure that your motorcycle reaches your PCS in good condition.
Preparing your motorcycle for shipment
It's critical to be sure you've taken all of the appropriate precautions before moving a motorcycle to another area. Empty the motorcycle's fluids (this includes both gasoline and engine oil) before moving it to avoid leaks. Check to see if the battery is disconnected and the tires are deflated. This will aid in the motorcycle's steadiness and the prevention of electrical problems.
We can answer any questions you have about shipping your vehicle to a military installation if you call us at 1-800-452-2880. Get a free, no-obligation quote for shipping your car to your military base by clicking here.