Researching SUV Shippers
Just like any other type of vehicle being shipped, it’s important to do some basic research on the companies you’re considering. Here are a couple methods you may find helpful in this regard.
- Website – Does the company have a website with all the information you’re looking for? You may find that many shippers have nothing more than a simple website with a brief mention of services and a phone number to call. Ideally, you’re looking for a website that can provide you with the bulk of the information you’ll need to make an informed decision.
- Public Records – You can also find information about a company’s performance history, check the status of their operating authority, and check on safety records using the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Company Snapshot database. This is one of the best available resources for doing research on a company.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Comparing Costs Between SUV Shipping Companies
Once you’ve nailed down a few companies you like and researched them, it’s time to start getting cost estimates. This is generally a pretty quick process, usually requiring no more than an email or phone call and providing some basic information. With a little bit of time, it’s easy to get price quotes from multiple different companies to compare prices and services.
A word of caution about the cost estimates you’ll get from companies: some of them may be suspiciously lower than others. While not always a bad thing—who doesn’t want to save some money?—it can also indicate a company that may tack on additional fees along the way to make up for an unrealistically low price. If you reach out to 3-4 companies and get a cost estimate, you should have a pretty good idea of the range in which your total costs should fall.
It’s important in this initial phase of getting cost estimates that you make it clear you are only inquiring about an estimate. You shouldn’t have to pay any money or sign anything until you have decided to go forward with that particular shipper. Cost estimates should always be free and they shouldn’t put you under any obligation to use that company.
Shipping an SUV? Contact us today to see how we can help! All price quotes are 100% FREE and we pride ourselves on providing the best available service in the industry! Call us at the number at the top of this page or send us an email with your questions!
Auto Transport Services
- Car Transportation
- International / RoRo
- Enclosed / Covered
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Luxury Vehicles
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Military & Armed Forces
- Domestic Motorcycles
- International Motorcycle
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Boats & Yachts
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Motorhome Shipping & Transport Services
- Truck Shipping
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Salvaged Car Shipping & Transport Services
- Non Op Car Shipping & Transport Services
- SUV Shipping & Transport Services
- Jet Ski Shipping & Transport Services
- Interstate Car Towing
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?