Motorcycle transport is a reliable method of getting your bike shipped out of South Saint Paul if you choose a trustworthy company. Check the Internet for the reviews and ratings the company holds.
Past customers will sometimes write a review on a company if they feel the company did an exceptional job, or if they feel the company failed to do their job.
With a little knowledge of the different shipping methods available and other pertinent information, motorcycle shipment will be made easy. Make sure that you are aware of your budget and find a shipping company that you can trust to ship the bike.
The Assortment of Shipping Methods Available.
There are many different shipping methods used for motorcycles. However, some of them are more popular options than others. Some of these methods are also safer which might cause a little boost in the rate, which could be worth it if you want the safest option for your motorcycle. The shipping company might also offer insurance for another small charge.
- Enclosed shipping is when the motorcycle is placed into a container for shipment.
- Crated shipping is when the bike is drained of all fluids then strapped to a wooden pallet. The battery must also be disconnected. The motorcycle is then placed into an enclosed trailer.
- Open air shipping is when the motorcycle is placed on a flatbed trailer. This leaves it exposed to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions.
- Terminal to terminal requires the motorcycle to be dropped off at a terminal close to home and
- Door to door transport is exactly what it sounds like. The motorcycle will be picked up from any address you specify and then dropped off wherever you'd like.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.