Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from South Gate, California
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe & Reliable South Gate Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Shipping a car can be a confusing process if you’ve never done it before. There are different service and pricing options you should be aware of before choosing a company to move your vehicle and we’ve included the basics on this page. If you need a cost estimate for shipping a vehicle in South Gate or Los Angeles County, we offer free quotes through our online form to the right and have included a directory of local transport companies at the bottom of the page. We encourage you to call us at the number at the top of the page if you have questions that are not addressed here.
Learn more about our CA car shipping services.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|South Gate to Las Vegas||$275||275 miles||2 – 4 days|
|South Gate to San Francisco||$394||394 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Oklahoma City to South Gate||$800||1334 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Dallas to South Gate||$863||1439 miles||4 – 6 days|
|South Gate to Nashville||$1004||2009 miles||6 – 8 days|
|South Gate to Miami Beach||$1098||2746 miles||7 – 9 days|
|New York to South Gate||$1120||2802 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Detroit to South Gate||$1143||2286 miles||6 – 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using South Gate Auto Transport Services
- Drive Away Service – Drive away services have become more popular of late, especially when customers see the prices and compare them with standard auto shipping. And it’s true, drive away services are much more cost-effective, but they come with their own set of risks; namely, trusting a stranger to drive your car. The way it works is that you contact a third party service that works with drivers, does background checks, and assigns the job of driving the vehicles. It can be pretty pain-free when done right. Another big drawback, however; is that you still end up putting miles on the car and taking on the same risks as if you drove it yourself. The only real savings offered with this method is that you don’t have to invest your own time in driving the car over a long distance, which can be helpful in some instances.
Did you know that more than 50% of our customers qualify for our discount program? Visit the page for our auto transport specials to see what we currently have available in South Gate.
- Standard Auto Transport – With standard shipping, your car is loaded onto a transport carrier and driven to its destination without putting any miles on it, which is one of the primary advantages over a drive away service. While it does cost more, there’s less potential for mechanical hiccups if your car is being shipped, which you can’t say for services that have someone drive it for you. You also get an additional layer of protection when you choose to have your car shipped since it’s not as susceptible to hazardous weather conditions and road debris. After choosing a company to work with, you will either be contacted by the driver to arrange for pick up of your vehicle or make arrangements to drop it off at a shipping terminal. From there, the driver will do an inspection of the car to assess it for damage and make sure it’s in proper condition to be loaded onto the carrier. A follow-up inspection of the vehicle is done at drop off to determine if there have been any damages to the car during shipping.
- International Car Shipping – The process of shipping a car overseas is a little more complicated than overland transport, though you may still have to use standard auto transport to get your vehicle to a shipping port. From there, your vehicle will either be loaded into a shipping container before being put onto the ship, or it will be driven on the ship and secured before delivery. The second method is referred to as “RORO” transport in the shipping industry because the vehicle is “rolled on” (driven onto) the transport ship, then “rolled off” when it arrives at the destination port. Experience is important when you have a car shipped internationally so make sure you find a company that has a full understanding of the process and lists the specific locations they ship to.
To learn more about what services are offered by businesses in the area, visit the official website for the City of South Gate.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
South Gate, CA Auto Transport Directory
Schumacher Cargo Logistics
Schumacher Cargo Logistics is a long distance and international car shipping company based out of Gardena. Their primary shipping locations are L.A., New York, Miami, Houston, and Savannah. They have been an international shipper since 1977.
550 W 135th St, Gardena, CA 90248
Car Shipping America
Car Shipping America is a long distance car shipper that has both open and enclosed carriers available. In addition to moving cars and trucks, they also ship motorcycles, SUVs, vans and boats.
9628 Adoree St., Downey, CA 90242
Montway Auto Transport
Montway has established itself as one of the leaders in the car shipping industry since they opened their doors in 2006. They ship to any location in the lower 48 states and also have specialized services for military, snowbirds and vintage auto owners.
5405 Wilshire Blvd #250, Los Angeles, CA 90036
South Gate includes ZIP codes: