- Singapore Area Coordinator Auto Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Shipping To A Base In The Oconus Area
- Full List Of Military Shipping Services We Offer
- Military Car Shipping
- Preparing Your Car For Shipment
- Military Motorcycle Shipping
- Preparing Your Motorcycle For Shipment
- Contact Us
Singapore Area Coordinator Auto Shipping Services by A-1 Auto Transport
In 2007, the Singapore Area Coordinator (SAC) was established. SAC is headquartered in Singapore.
It offers comprehensive shore support to the fleet, fighters, and families. Supporting a diverse customer base of U.S. military members from four services, U.S. civilian employees, family members, and Singaporean nationals, as well as visiting ships and aircraft, SAC efficiently delivers top-quality services while maintaining a second-to-none quality of life standard.
If your PCS directs you to this country, you will enjoy being in the epicenter of Singaporean politics. If you intend to bring a vehicle, it may appear difficult to figure out how to do so, but we can assist you. Let us show you how.
Shipping to a Base in the OCONUS Area
Because Singapore Area Coordinator (SAC) is located outside of the United States, the government will pay for the shipment of your personally owned vehicle (POV) to this base.
While the government will pay for the shipping of one of your vehicles, the details may be unclear, so speak with your transportation office counselor and they will walk you through the process. If you need to ship more than one vehicle, you must pay for one of them yourself.
A third-party shipping company, such as A-1 Auto Transport, can help you create a personalized shipping plan. Contact them as soon as possible to ensure that your vehicle is shipped as soon as possible.
Full List of Military Shipping Services We Offer
Although the SAC is on the other side of the world, we will deliver the following vehicles as soon as possible:
Military Car Shipping
Because you cannot drive your car to Singapore, the best option is to have it shipped by an auto transport company, as the government will cover the shipping costs.
It is a more complicated process to ship your POV outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) than to a base within the country. Check with your Transportation Office (TO) counselor to see if there are any restrictions on cars being shipped to the Singapore Area Coordinator, and make sure your vehicle meets those requirements.
If you are shipping more than one vehicle, A-1 Auto Transport offers discounts that you can use when you shop with us.
There are documents that you must have ready before or after your vehicle is shipped to the base. They are as follows:
- You must provide a lienholder authorization letter if your vehicle has a lien and you are exporting it outside of the country of origin. To obtain this document, please contact your lien holder.
- Military identification
- A signed letter of the lease if the vehicle being shipped is a lease.
Preparing your car for Shipment
For the car to be shipped:
- The fuel level must be at 14 gallons or less.
- When turning in the vehicle, a complete set of keys must be provided. Ignition keys, door keys, trunk keys, gas cap keys, and wheel locks are all included.
- The vehicle must be in good working order. Please ensure that the parking brake is fully operational, that there are no leaks, and that the windshield is free of major cracks
Military Motorcycle Shipping
Since the Singapore Area Coordinator is not in the country, driving your motorcycle to the base would be impossible. Hire a shipping company instead.
Shipping your motorcycle to a base outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) comes with a set of strict rules, talk to your transportation officer to ensure that you are allowed to ship your motorcycle to your new base - SAC.
You will need to provide proof of ownership and a means of identification to ship your motorcycle.
Preparing your motorcycle for Shipment
It’s important to have your motorcycle ready for shipment. Follow these steps to do so:
- Remove all accessories
- Drain all fluids including gasoline and oil.
A-1 Auto Transport has assisted many military officers to ship their vehicles to bases within and outside the United States. Give us a call on 1-800-452-2880 and we will assist you to ship your POV as easily as possible.