The culture of Hawaii allows all sorts of lifestyles as there is much to do and see, making it a tremendous tourist hub as well as a popular destination for retirees and those looking for a more relaxed lifestyle.
If you are shipping your car to Kauai from California, using an auto shipping company, you might find it rather expensive but preferable in comparison to the alternative of shipping it yourself.
Kauai or “Garden Isle” is the oldest islands in the Hawaii chain of islands. It is the 21st biggest island in US and the 4th largest in Hawaii. It is home to the Waimea Canyon State Park. Moving here can be an adventure especially when you come from California.
The rates for shipping a car to Kauai from California are based on several different factors such as the type of vehicle, pickup and destination location, timeframe as well as the type of shipping itself. The prices are usually subjected to alterations based on the size of the car – whether it’s a 4-wheel drive, a roof rack and so forth. There is an additional charge if the vehicle is inoperable. Most companies offer reliable and affordable transportation service (door to door and terminal to terminal) which is going to fit your budget.
- You can get quotes from auto transport services in advance in order to prepare for the pricey shipping from the island to the mainland and it’s pricier the other way around. This is why you might want to plan ahead and get as many quotes as you can in order to compare and find a good company that provides you a quote suitable for your range.
- You may need auto shipping services more than once. If you want to be completely independent throughout your traveling, you may need to ship a car more than once.
As long as the vehicle is loaded on the ship, the transportation time is roughly about five days on the sea. The vehicles are offloaded which takes about 3-5 days. Once this is done, the shipping agent picks it up within 1-3 business days and if you’ve booked door-to-door, the auto transport service will need another 1-3 day to deliver it. If you are looking to get an estimate on the cost of shipping, an average quote would be around $1,700-$1780 from California to Honolulu and to Kauai.
The method of shipping to Kauai.
The most standard method of shipping a car to Kauai is to place the car in a below-deck, water-tight garage located in a specific frame. The cars aren’t usually loaded in containers. Of course, this is up to the discretion of the operation and you can pick this method up.
If you want to ensure that your car is placed in an enclosed container you need to order and pay for it. The cost of 20 feet or a 40 feet unit is based on the mileage from the location of the car and to the port.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?