Excavator Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
An excavator is a key part of any construction job. Without an excavator on-site, you can’t move earth and perform other basic tasks that are required to complete your daily tasks – which is why transporting an excavator to your job site is a key part of beginning any project.
So, if you’ve been Googling and looking for “excavator haulers and shippers near me,” you’ve definitely come to the right place. At A-1 Auto Transport, we specialize in hauling construction equipment of all types – including excavators.
Excavators are often one of the most expensive and difficult-to-transport pieces of construction equipment due to their bulk and large dimensions – but we’ve got years of experience working in excavator hauling and shipping. You can trust A-1 Auto Transport to deliver your excavator to your job site safely, on time, and within your budget.
Shipping an Excavator
Heavy equipment shipping services are frequently used on a day to day basis among individuals in all relevant industries. Shipping an excavator is easily done when the right equipment and haulers are used to complete the delivery. Make sure to hire a transport company with trained and licensed professionals. This will only ensure the safety of your excavator as it is shipped to the next location.
The Many Uses of an Excavator
- Forestry Work
- Digging Trenches and Holes
- Material Handling
- Pile Driving
- Snow Removal
- Drilling Shafts
Shipping an Excavator Using Open Air Transport Methods
The most recommended way to ship an excavator is usually some form of open air transport. Due to the complexity, weight and size of an excavator, this is often the only way to have it transported. However, open air methods are known for their cost efficiency and ability to see through safe deliveries.
When your excavator is shipped with an open air method, it is fastened to the top of a trailer or flatbed ship. Of course, this depends on where the machine is to travel, whether overseas or somewhere within the nation. In most cases, for site to site deliveries, you can expect a form of open air ground transport.
Before the excavator ships off with the transport company, make sure it is prepared properly. Normally, a transport service will ask the machine is clean, drained of fluids, and that any protruding or loose items are removed. This preparation only helps lessen the risks involved with the transport, protecting the excavator and those caring for its transport even safer. Following these requirements also makes it easier to file an insurance claim through the transporter should there be an issue during the transport.
Excavator Haulers And Shippers Near You
We know it may not be easy to pick an “excavator hauler and shipper near me.” It’s difficult to trust a transportation company with your valuable and mission-critical construction equipment.
That’s why A-1 Auto Transport is the best option for your excavator hauling and shipping needs. We work with only the most experienced heavy equipment transportation specialists. You can trust us to work with your team and ensure that your excavator is safely secured while it’s in transit.
Not only that, but we can haul excavators to job sites anywhere in the country. From local and in-state deliveries, to state-to-state deliveries and cross-country excavator hauling and shipping, we do it all at A-1 Auto Transport. Get in touch with our team now to learn about our availability and get a quote for your project now.
How Much Will It Cost To Ship An Excavator?
As one of the largest pieces of commonly-used construction equipment, shipping an excavator usually is not cheap. However, not all excavators will cost the same amount to ship. The cost of shipping your excavator depends on some different factors, like:
- Size & dimensions – The smaller your excavator is, the easier it will be to manage the load and ship your equipment. For this reason, it will almost always be cheaper to ship a small excavator compared to a larger model.
- Weight – The weight of an excavator is also a key factor in the cost of hiring an excavator shipper and hauler. The heavier your equipment is, the more it will cost to transport due to fuel costs, liability and other such factors.
- Oversize load – Extremely large and heavy-duty excavators may exceed the regulations for standard truck-bed shipping, and may need to be shipped as oversize loads. This can incur a lot of additional fees and costs due to extra permits, and the need to hire specialized personnel like pilot cars and drivers to protect your load during shipment.
- Shipping distance – The farther you ship your excavator, the more you’ll pay. Counter-intuitively, though, you’ll usually have to pay a higher price per mile for short-haul shipping compared to long-haul shipping.
- Shipping deadline – If you have an urgent shipment and your excavator must be delivered to your job site quickly, you’ll have to pay quite a bit more for rush shipping and delivery to guarantee that your excavator will be delivered within your required time-frame. We always recommend planning ahead and scheduling your excavator transportation well in advance, so that you can avoid these fees.
- Operational state of equipment – If your excavator cannot move under its own power – you’re shipping it to be scrapped or repaired, for example – the cost of shipping it will be higher, because we’ll need to use a crane or similar hoist to place it on the truck bed for shipping.
To learn more about the various costs that may affect your shipping project and to get a price estimate for your excavator hauling and shipping needs, you can contact A-1 Auto Transport now for a free, no-commitment quote.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Excavator Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
If you need a qualified, experienced and reliable partner for excavator hauling and shipping both locally and nationwide, A-1 Auto Transport is here to help. To learn more about our services and get a quote for your excavator shipping project, feel free to contact us online or give us a call at (800) 452-2880. We can discuss our capabilities in further detail, and provide a timeline and cost estimate for your unique situation.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org