- Sleeper Truck Transport Services
- Cost Shipping Factors For Sleeper Trucks
- What To Look For In A Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
- Preparing Your Air Seeder For Shipping
- Get In Touch With A-1 To Ship Your Sleeper Truck
Sleeper Truck Transport Services
The cost of shipping your sleeper truck may vary depending on the season and the size and weight of the sleeper truck.
Cost Shipping Factors for Sleeper Trucks
Sleeper Truck shipment is influenced by two major factors. They are the dimensions and weight of your sleeper truck. The options you have may also be influenced by your size and weight. Depending on the destination, you may prefer a lift-on, lift-off method over a flatbed truck.
More information on transportation options, as well as a guide to determining the weight of construction equipment, can be found at the bottom of the page in the Resources section.
If you have any questions, need some advice, or want a cost estimate for a heavy equipment shipment, please contact us today or use our quote calculator to get an accurate estimate right away! Deliver your heavy equipment with confidence, oversize load permits, and the lowest rates.
What to Look for in a Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
When it comes to shipping your Sleeper Truck, you have several options. There are several factors to consider when selecting the best shipping options for your sleeper truck:
- Container Shipping
This option makes it simple to load and unload cargo in standard 20 or 40-foot containers. However, shipping large machinery, such as a Sleeping Truck, into standard-sized containers is not an option. To fit the truck into the standard-sized container, you may need to dismantle it.
It is popular due to the ease with which the equipment can be transported. However, one of the major disadvantages of using this option is the time and effort required to dismantle and reassemble the equipment. If this option does not work for you, you can explore other options.
- Flat-Rack Shipping
Because of the nature of this type of container, which has no restrictions such as a roof or sidewalls, stacking is possible. It enables the shipping company to maximize space by mounting heavy equipment on a stackable surface. However, one significant disadvantage of shipping is that the equipment is exposed to direct sunlight, wind, or rain.
Prepare your equipment carefully ahead of time to reduce the risk of damage from exposure. Disassembling the machinery and shipping in separate containers can be a safe and cost-effective way to get your shipment to its destination in some cases.
Preparing Your Air Seeder for Shipping
- Do a safety check and clean the equipment.
- Make sure the fuel is drained out.
- Secure any loose parts or tools.
- Detach the alarm system and batteries.
- Refer to the manufacturer manual for proper packaging techniques.
- Make sure all exposed areas of your equipment are covered, especially if it will be transported via open-air services.
- Ensure that there is sufficient space around the freight so that the transport company can safely retrieve it
Get In Touch with A-1 to Ship Your Sleeper Truck
If you’re looking for an effective way to ship your Sleeper Truck to any location, whether locally or interstate, contact us by dialing 1-888-849-2447.