- Forklift Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
- Forklift Transport At Affordable Rates
- Shipping A Forklift
- Forklift Haulers And Shippers Near You
- How Much Will It Cost To Ship A Forklift?
- How Forklifts Are Transported By Professionals
- Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Forklift Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
Forklift Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
Forklifts are essential equipment used to lift and transport materials over short distances. Most forklifts are used on site but there may be need to move them elsewhere. Whether you're moving to a new warehouse, opening up a new facility, or need to transport forklifts to another location for any other reason, you've probably been Googling “Forklift hauling and shipping near me.” And if you've found A-1 Auto Transport, your search is over.
Our team of heavy equipment hauling and forklift transportation services specialists works with companies all throughout America for forklift hauling and shipping. We can handle projects of any size – whether you need to ship a single forklift or a large fleet of forklifts. Also, we can handle any type of forklift, whether it's an electric forklift or a rough terrain forklift.
Forklift Transport at Affordable Rates
With our emphasis on reasonable rates, timely delivery, and excellent customer service, you can always trust us with your valuable equipment. That's why thousands of customers have chosen our transport services for forklift hauling and shipping. Learn more below, or contact us now for more information.
Shipping a Forklift
Forklifts usually fall under this category. Their large size, complex design and heavy weight make them too difficult to ship without the right transport technology or equipment.
There are several different forklift designs. All of them have different qualities but carry the same goal, to lift and move heavy objects. To do this safely, the design of a forklift is made of durable quality materials that increase the forklift's weight to support the weight of the objects it lifts. To transport such a heavy piece of equipment, it is absolutely necessary to hire a licensed, professional transporter with suitable equipment such as flatbed truck, step deck trailer, or flatbed trailer. transport request navigate construction sites.
Forklift Haulers And Shippers Near You
It may be hard for you to choose a provider for “forklift hauling and shipping near me.” After all, there are a lot of companies out there to choose from. So why pick A-1 Auto Transport? There are quite a few reasons we're the best choice for forklift hauling and shipping.
First, we have years of experience in hauling heavy equipment. You can trust us to keep your equipment safe and secure throughout the entire process of loading, hauling, and unloading. Our drivers and logistics specialists have a deep understanding of the unique challenges related to hauling and shipping forklifts.
We also can handle projects of any size. From shipping just a few small forklifts to the transportation of multiple truck-mounted forklifts, we're ready to handle the logistics of transporting your equipment – no matter how big or small.
We also offer guaranteed timely delivery, ensuring that your equipment reaches its destination at the right time. Thousands of companies have already trusted A-1 Auto Transport for their most valuable equipment – and you can join them!
How Much Will It Cost To Ship A Forklift?
Each project is different, so we recommend contacting A-1 Auto Transport, the leading forklift transportation company for a quote for your forklift(s). There are a few different factors that affect the cost of shipping a forklift, as follows:
- Size & dimensions – A larger forklift will cost more to ship since it will be larger and bulkier, and more difficult to maneuver throughout the shipping process. Smaller forklifts will typically be cheaper to ship, especially if you're able to safely load one or more forklifts onto a single trailer.
- Overall weight – The weight of your forklift is one of the biggest factors determining the cost of shipping. Heavier forklifts will be more expensive to ship, in most cases, while smaller, lighter forklifts will be cheaper. You'll also need to bear in mind the weight limits of the transport route and destination location.
- Open-air vs. container – This is a big factor to consider when shipping your forklifts. Open-air shipping consists of simply loading your forklift onto a flat-bed trailer. This is the cheapest method of shipping a forklift, but it will expose it to elements. This may not be ideal for some electric forklifts, which are usually not intended for outdoor use. Container shipping means that your forklifts will be loaded into a standard 40-foot truck shipping container which can handle large equipment. They will be protected from the elements, but this method of shipping is more complex and typically more expensive. You'll want to consider the type, size, and weight of the forklift you're shipping when making your choice.
- Transportation distance – As you may expect, sending a forklift across the country will be much more expensive than shipping it across town or to a neighboring state. What may be counter-intuitive, though, is that your cost of shipping per mile will be higher when you ship a short distance. Hauling a forklift a short distance is cheaper, overall, but you will pay a higher rate for each mile it's transported.
- Shipping deadlines – Rush shipping and delivery for a forklift will incur additional costs and fees. If you're looking to save money, we recommend planning the logistics of shipping your forklifts in advance. The more time you have to ship your forklifts, the more money you'll save on shipping fees.
For more details about the other factors that may affect the cost of transporting your forklift – and to get a quote – you can contact A-1 Auto Transport now.
How Forklifts Are Transported by Professionals
To ship a forklift domestically, you'll have a couple options. Most customers ship their forklifts using an open air method. The forklift is secured to the top of a trailer for delivery. However, not all forklift shipping customers are comfortable leaving their equipment susceptible to outside elements during the transport. If you want more protection, ask about container shipping methods.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Heavy Equipment Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Container shipping methods are very safe, protecting the forklift from bad weather, poor road conditions, and vandalism. Not all transport companies will have containers large enough, but depending on the size and design of your forklift, this may very well be an option. If you decide to use this form of transport, your forklift must undergo the required preparation. Usually this includes draining the fluids and securing loose parts.
Regardless of the transport method and shipping services purchased, all transport companies are required to carry the minimum amount of insurance coverage. Ask about their insurance coverage and what it covers. You should have insurance for the entire value of the forklift during its transport.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Forklift Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
At A-1 Auto Transport, we're the #1 choice for forklift hauling and shipping across the United States. To learn more and to inquire about our shipping services, feel free to contact us online or give us a call at (888) 230-9116 and our top-notch customer service will be right at your service.
Share this content on social media for a chance to get up to 15% off your next shipment.