Shipping a Crane
The need for crane owners to ship their heavy duty machinery from one location to the next is more often than you might think. Luckily, finding a transport company to handle either the domestic or international shipping process of a crane is rather easy. With manufacturers and dealerships also using transport companies for their heavy equipment shipping services, there are many that now have the ability to offer their help delivering such large equipment.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Characteristics to Look for in a Reliable Transport Company
- As professionals with experience it should be easy to find positive reviews and ratings online about the company
- They’ll have licensed professionals, BBB approval, DOT certification and other proof of their success in the transport industry
- They’ll offer several transport options for heavy equipment, even customizing the transport if necessary
- All licensed transport companies are required by law to carry the minimal set requirements for insurance coverage on the cargo they ship for customers
- As a longstanding transport company, they should own all the latest in shipping technology and equipment including heavy duty haulers
- It should be easy to get a hold of the transport company when needed. Customer service should always remain friendly and helpful
The Process of Shipping a Crane
Most of the time, an open air transport method is used to ship the crane from place to another. In this case, the crane will be secured to the top of either a trailer or a flatbed ship depending on where it is shipping to. Once the crane is secured and all loose pieces and attachments have been either removed or fastened, the hauler will take off with your heavy equipment. During its travels, you can monitor the whereabouts of your crane through satellite tracking services.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.