Crane Hauling & Shipping
If you’ve been searching for “crane haulers and shippers near me,” you’ve come to the right place. At A-1 Auto Transport, we specialize in hauling and transporting heavy machinery and construction equipment of all types – including cranes. No job is too big or too small for our team of specialized transportation & logistics professionals.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we’ve been providing crane hauling and shipping services for decades, and we work with companies from all around the company for both short-haul and long-haul shipping. Whether you need to transport a crane to a new job site across town, or you need to send it across the entire country, we’re always here to help.
Our pledge is to provide timely and reliable crane hauling and shipping services at a reasonable rate. To learn more and get started with our services, contact us now to get a quote.
Shipping a Crane
The need for crane owners to ship their heavy duty machinery from one location to the next is more often than you might think. Luckily, finding a transport company to handle either the domestic or international shipping process of a crane is rather easy. With manufacturers and dealerships also using transport companies for their heavy equipment shipping services, there are many that now have the ability to offer their help delivering such large equipment.
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
What Characteristics to Look for in a Reliable Transport Company
- As professionals with experience it should be easy to find positive reviews and ratings online about the company
- They’ll have licensed professionals, BBB approval, DOT certification and other proof of their success in the transport industry
- They’ll offer several transport options for heavy equipment, even customizing the transport if necessary
- All licensed transport companies are required by law to carry the minimal set requirements for insurance coverage on the cargo they ship for customers
- As a longstanding transport company, they should own all the latest in shipping technology and equipment including heavy duty haulers
- It should be easy to get a hold of the transport company when needed. Customer service should always remain friendly and helpful
The Process of Shipping a Crane
Most of the time, an open air transport method is used to ship the crane from place to another. In this case, the crane will be secured to the top of either a trailer or a flatbed ship depending on where it is shipping to. Once the crane is secured and all loose pieces and attachments have been either removed or fastened, the hauler will take off with your heavy equipment. During its travels, you can monitor the whereabouts of your crane through satellite tracking services.
Crane Haulers And Shippers Near You
At A-1 Auto Transport, we’re the best choice for any company looking for “crane haulers and shippers near me.” With our years of experience in the industry, you can trust us to deliver your most valuable and important construction equipment on time and on budget.
Above all else, we focus on a safe, timely delivery of your crane. We know that a delay in shipment or an unexpected mechanical issue after your crane arrives can cost you quite a bit of time and money – and result in serious project delays.
That’s why we’ll work with your team to ensure that your crane is secured safely and properly, and is delivered in great shape. We also guarantee that we will meet our deadlines – so you don’t have to stress about missed deliveries or unexpected delays. This pledge to our customers is what makes us such a great choice for crane hauling and shipping services.
So don’t just trust anyone with your valuable cranes. We can haul your cranes and other construction equipment nationwide – and with guaranteed rates and delivery dates, we can help simplify logistics for your company.
How Much Will It Cost To Ship A Crane?
It’s difficult to give you an estimate, since there are a multitude of factors that affect crane shipping cost. For an accurate quote, we recommend contacting A-1 Auto Transport. Below, we’ve listed a few different factors that tend to affect the cost of shipping a crane.
- Size and dimensions – The larger your crane is, the more costly it will be to ship. Bulky cranes are harder to maneuver when loading or unloading. In addition, very large cranes may require partial disassembly and transportation on multiple trucks. Or, if they can be transported intact, they may require transportation as an oversize load, which leads to higher fees and costs like pilot cars and escort vehicles.
- Weight – Heavier loads are always more expensive to ship, so the weight of your crane will be a significant factor when determining the overall cost of shipping.
- Shipment distance – The longer the distance that your crane is shipped, the more it will cost to ship. Transporting a crane across the country is much more expensive than local shipping.
However, the cost-per-mile of long-haul crane shipping is actually lower than it would be for a short-haul shipment. The overall cost is still higher, of course, but the per-mile cost for long distances is lower than it is for short distances.
- Domestic or international shipping – Shipping a crane internationally will incur quite a few additional costs, including disassembly to fit it into multiple shipping containers (if necessary), costs of shipping on a cargo vessel, and tariffs/fees/taxes in both the home and destination country.
- Date of delivery deadline – If you need your crane shipped urgently and require it to be shipped within a short deadline, you’ll pay more for rush shipping. In contrast, if you plan ahead and have more time to ship your crane, the cost will be lower.
Want to learn more about the costs of crane hauling and shipping? Just contact A-1 Auto Transport now for a free, no-commitment quote.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Crane Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
Whether you need to haul a crane to a local job site or a nearby area, or you need to ship a crane all the way across the nation – or even internationally – A-1 Auto Transport is here to help. Our team of heavy equipment hauling specialists is standing by, so contact us now online or give us a call at (800) 452-2880.