As a motorcycle enthusiast, you might have questions about how to get your bike overseas. The only way to accomplish this is to hire a professional motorcycle hauling company. This might sound like an expensive service, but in all actuality, this is an affordable reality for any motorcycle lover.
There are a number of ways to get the job done, but the method is left completely up to the customer. When you think about the price of shipping your bike overseas, you will have to take a few things into consideration. The make and model of the bike, weight, and distance all play a role in how much you will pay for the service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways to ship a bike overseas.
- Roll on/Roll off method – This is the least expensive way to ship a bike overseas. Basically, after a brief inspection, your bike will be driven on the deck of the ship and strapped down. This is the most popular way to transport a bike, but if you have a classic motorcycle or highly expensive one, professionals recommend seeking other shipping solutions.
- Created – This is another popular way to ship a motorcycle. Your motorcycle will be fastened tightly and enclosed inside of a container. Depending on the motorcycle, you may have to remove the handlebars.
- Container – This method is great for transporting multiple bikes. This is the best solution for anyone transporting expensive or classic bikes. One nice thing about this method of transport is that your motorcycle will be completely protected against weather conditions.
- Door to Door – This delivery option is exactly what it sounds like. Your bike will be picked up at your front door and delivered directly to its destination. This is a more expensive way to ship your bike, but it offers the most convenience.
- Port to Port – With this shipping method, you will be required to bring the bike to the shipping depot and pick it up from customs. This method will also require you to arrange a ride home for yourself when dropping the bike off. You will also need to find a ride to customs after the motorcycle has been delivered.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory