As a motorcycle enthusiast, you might have questions about how to get your bike overseas. The only way to accomplish this is to hire a professional motorcycle hauling company. This might sound like an expensive service, but in all actuality, this is an affordable reality for any motorcycle lover.
There are a number of ways to get the job done, but the method is left completely up to the customer. When you think about the price of shipping your bike overseas, you will have to take a few things into consideration. The make and model of the bike, weight, and distance all play a role in how much you will pay for the service.
Ways to ship a bike overseas.
- Roll on/Roll off method - This is the least expensive way to ship a bike overseas. Basically, after a brief inspection, your bike will be driven on the deck of the ship and strapped down. This is the most popular way to transport a bike, but if you have a classic motorcycle or highly expensive one, professionals recommend seeking other shipping solutions.
- Created - This is another popular way to ship a motorcycle. Your motorcycle will be fastened tightly and enclosed inside of a container. Depending on the motorcycle, you may have to remove the handlebars.
- Container - This method is great for transporting multiple bikes. This is the best solution for anyone transporting expensive or classic bikes. One nice thing about this method of transport is that your motorcycle will be completely protected against weather conditions.
- Door to Door - This delivery option is exactly what it sounds like. Your bike will be picked up at your front door and delivered directly to its destination. This is a more expensive way to ship your bike, but it offers the most convenience.
- Port to Port - With this shipping method, you will be required to bring the bike to the shipping depot and pick it up from customs. This method will also require you to arrange a ride home for yourself when dropping the bike off. You will also need to find a ride to customs after the motorcycle has been delivered.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.