How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Croatia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping your motorcycle from U.S to Croatia costs about $1,660 to around $2, 500 based on the distance traveled and the weight of the motorcycle
- There are additional cost of homologation, import duties and taxes, that has to be calculated to get a final quote
An East European country, Croatia is located in Mediterranean region, sharing a long coastline with the Adriatic Sea. Crossed by the Dinaric Alps, the territorial regions encompass thousands of islands. A fast developing country, it has pristine scenic beauty and is worth exploring the country on a motorcycle.
In case, you are planning to ship your motorcycle to Croatia from USA, it helps to have the assistance of an international auto shipping company like our company, A-1 Auto Transport service. We have been shipping vehicles and motorcycles all over Europe and can assist you through the different processes. To start with, you will need to submit a lot of documents to prove the ownership and authenticity of the export/import.
To verify the ownership and legality of the import, it is important to submit the documents to the Croatia Customs Authority and the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency. The documents include:
- Homologation certificate
- Sales contract signed by notary
- Title deed of the motorcycle
- Purchase invoice
- Bill of Lading
- Owner’s passport/ID
- Report of the technical inspection
- Insurance on the motorcycle
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Once your motorcycle arrives at the Croatian port, it is important to get it cleared by the Customs service. There are customs duty and taxes that have to be paid. On an average, it is calculated as 6% for a motorcycle that have an engine capacity of 250 cc and 8% for those with engine capacity of over 250 cc. Additionally, there is an import duty and various other taxes that have to be cleared. The VAT is usually 9% to 22% depending upon the motorcycle make and model that you are shipping. The motorcycle that you are shipping has to be inspected and needs to be roadworthy.
The headlights, lamps, engine, and exhaust will need to be checked to ensure that they adhere to EU certification. If they are not, you will be required to replace them. It is important to be aware of the import and registration laws that have to be covered so that your motorcycle can be registered with ease. It is best to give us a call and ensure that a written quote is provided that has transparent breakdown of the taxes and freight charges. We will work with you at every step to ensure that you are comfortable.
Transporting Your Motorcycle
There are two basic ways of shipping your motorcycle to Europe- on cargo ships and by air shipping. However, air shipping is expensive though quick and secure. The high costs are a deterrent and that is why it is important that you consider your budget and requirements to consider the method you plan on using. Freight cargo shipping is cheaper and reliable but it might take longer. It is best to ship your vehicle from the East Coast to Croatia and will take 10 days to arrive. The price of the shipment will vary depending upon the method of shipment that you select.
Call us now to know more about the method and processes or contact the Embassy of Croatia for latest updates.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory