Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Canada
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It is fairly inexpensive to move your motorcycle from U.S to Canada regardless of whether it is land based or sea freight cargo
- On an average the price range is from $800 to $1200 based on the city in U.S from where it is shipped to that in Canada
Situated in the northern region of North America, Canada is the world’s second biggest country in terms of area. It shares its borders with United States and has a large coastline on Arctic Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean.
If you intend exploring the verdant nature in Canada on your motorcycle or just need to commute to work or study, shipping your motorcycle from USA to Canada is fairly easy.
However, as it is an international shipment, you will need to adhere to the U.S laws under the Foreign Trade regulations. You are required to file the export information using Automated Export System. You will receive the Census ITN number which has to be submitted to the U.S Customs and Border Protection agency when you need to export the motorcycle. After the U.S Customs stamp the title for export, you will need to adhere to the Canadian Customs requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
In Canada, you need to ensure that adherence to all requirements of the Transport Canada with the assistance of Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV). You will need to review the RIV list prior to the importation of your own motorcycle. Any motorcycle that is not on the list will not be allowed into Canada. That is why it is best to check the list before you start the processes. You will be required to pay the import duties based on the evaluated value of the motorcycle to the Canada Border Services Agency.
As per the regulations Form 1 and Form 2 has to be taken from the Registrar of Imported Vehicles once you have paid the fees. You are required to have all of these documents to get the motorcycle registered in Canada. Additionally, there is 5% GST that is applicable, apart from other taxes.
Documents to Submit
You are required to submit a host of documents to the U.S Customs and the Canadian Customs Agency before the motorcycle can cross the border. Some of these include:
- S. Title of the motorcycle
- Signed Bill of Sale with VIN and serial number of motorcycle
- Recall Clearance documents received by RIV
- Vehicle inspection Form 2
- Manufacturer’s U.S. Statement of Compliance (SOC) label on motorcycle
- Owner’s passport/valid visa
Additionally, you can work with us, as we are one of the leading international auto shipping services and can help you ship your motorcycle from any city in US to anywhere in Canada quickly. Our strong network of shipping agents will step in to assist you through the different process. If you are looking for a free quote on the shipment, it is best to check the method of transportation that you opt for. Whether you pick land based transportation or intend shipping it by sea freight cargo ships, the prices will differ. However, ensure that the motorcycle is cleaned and packed safely before it is shipped.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory