How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Cameroon
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping costs for transporting a motorcycle to Cameroon from U.S. is about $1650 to $2,400 by RORO or container shipment
- In addition to freight charges, there are taxes and import duties that need to be considered
Located in West Africa, the Republic of Cameroon shares its borders with Chad, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Gabon, and Congo. It has a long coastline that lies on the Bight of Biafra and some parts of the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Guinea.
If you intend shipping your motorcycle to Cameroon from USA, it is a practical decision to take the assistance of a professional international auto shipping company that understands the legal requirement and import laws of West African countries. We are A-1 Auto Transport Company and have been in the business of shipping not just motorcycles but all vehicles for over a few decades. When you opt to work with us, we ensure that you will get the motorcycle in the same condition as it was handed over to us.
Additionally, if you cannot drive it to the port from the U.S. city you live in, we can get it picked up and delivered to the port as part of the door-to-port service. It is an additional charge. Irrespective of the make, year and model of the motorcycle, we ensure that it is safely transported. The Port of Douala is the only one in Cameroon and that is where the motorcycle is going to be shipped.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost of Shipping the Motorcycle
As the import duties and taxes are based on the Cost, insurance and freight charges or CIF, of the motorcycle’s value. You have the option of choosing RORO or container shipping when you intend transporting your vehicle. If you ship it in a shared container, it is protected due to crating it, even though it is an additional cost, it is still more affordable. Another cost effective method of shipping is Roll-on/Roll-Off wherein the motorcycle is driven on the deck, placed in the pre-assigned bay and secured in place to immobilize it during the transit. When it reaches the port in Cameroon, it is driven off. Thus, you need to ensure that the motorcycle is operational and there is a little fuel left in the tank. While in container shipment, you will need to disconnect the battery and drain the fuel completely as it is a fire hazard. Thus, get an accurate estimate on the shipping charges so that you can save more on the import duties.
Clearing Cameroon Customs
There are not many complex forms to fill or procedures to undertake, but the Cameroon Customs Authority requires submission of the documents pertaining to the vehicle ownership. Some of these include:
- Original title of the motorcycle
- S registration documents
- Bill of Lading
- Purchase invoice of the motorcycle- VIN, engine number, engine capacity, make and model
- Driver’s license
- Signed non-sale certification
The Cameroon Customs Authority needs to get all of these documents, at least 30 days in advance of the arrival of the motorcycle at the Port of Douala. Incomplete submission of the documents might lead to lengthy delays. Usually, it takes about a fortnight to 21 days to get the clearance when you import the vehicle to Cameroon. If you intend bringing in the motorcycle to sell, you have to pay an additional 20% import duty and need to have a license to be an auto dealer.
For additional information about importing your motorcycle to Cameroon, you can contact us or the Embassy of Cameroon in U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory