How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Cambodia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most of the motorcycles shipped to Cambodia from USA are packed securely within shared containers.
- Cost of shipping a motorcycle is $1800 to $ 2160 excluding the import duties and taxes
The Kingdom of Cambodia is located in Southeast Asia on the southern region of the Indochina Peninsula. The country shares its borders with, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam and has a 443-kilometre coastline on the Gulf of Thailand.
If you intend shipping your motorcycle from USA to Cambodia, it is important to work with an international shipping service, like our company as we have an innate understanding of the auto import laws and, local regulations that are governed by the Cambodia Customs Authority. Trying to import it on your own is extremely complex and it is best to let our experts assist you.
Cost to Ship Motorcycle to Cambodia
There are certain regulations that limit the accessibility and eligibility of vehicles into Cambodia. That is one of the reasons that importing motorcycles and cars is an expensive proposition. However, it isn’t impossible. The factors that affect the price of the shipment include the motorcycle dimensions, location from where it is being shipped, and method of shipment that you opt for. As per current import duties and taxes, you will be required to pay an average 15% import tax and an additional 10% VAT. This is levied on the CIF value of the motorcycle. There is an additional Special Tax that is applicable and to get a more accurate quote based on the engine displacement, model and make of your motorcycle, you can contact one of our representatives today.
Tax exemptions are only available for diplomats and foreign dignitaries and all used or new motorcycles are dutiable. Additionally, you are required to submit relevant documents to ensure that your move is legal and within the import regulations. The paperwork includes:
- Purchase invoice with proof of value
- Ownership proof
- Registration certificate- VIN, engine and chassis numbers
- For duty-free shipment, Ministry of Foreign Affairs letter verifying credentials is needed
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prepare Motorcycle Before Shipment
It is important that before one of our shipping agents comes to pick up the motorcycle, it is ready for shipment. You need to check it for any dents and signs of damage that are already there. It is important to document the current damages so that it can be avoided later on, in case of an insurance claim. Additionally, you need to clean the motorcycle, note down the mechanical issues or dings and dents and take photos from various angles to ensure it is documented.
Ways to Ship
Irrespective of whether you have a Honda, KMT, Harley Davidson, BMW or Ducati, if you need additional protection, it is safest to get it crated and then shipped in a shared container. However, Roll-on/Roll-Off is another way to ship it to Cambodia. The motorcycle is driven on the deck, harnessed in place and then the tires are immobilized to reduce any damage. When it reaches the port on Cambodia, it is driven off. To get further details about the shipping motorcycles to Cambodia or additional information on the current import laws, call us today or contact the Embassy of Cambodia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory