How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Burundi
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a motorcycle to Burundi starts at $1470 to around 2,200 depending on the weight of the motorcycle and method of shipment chosen.
- Poor accessibility to the country makes for higher prices for shipments
Situated in Central and Eastern Africa, Burundi is a landlocked country in the region of the African Great Lakes. It shares its boundaries with Tanzania, Rwanda, and Congo. If you want to ship a motorcycle to Burundi from the United States, you will need to familiarize yourself with the importing requirements and regulations. For example, the documents you will need throughout the process include a copy of the original purchase invoice, registration motorcycled, and a copy of your current passport.
Cost of Shipping to Burundi
It's important that you know the cost of shipping your motorcycle to Burundi before you begin the process. You will need to know the following information which will be used to determine how much you will pay:
- Chassis/Engine number
- Cubic capacity
- Year of manufacture
Additionally, there are charges for the handling of the motorcycle which is about 4% of the CIF value. There are more taxes and you will need to pay 25% and the VAT is 18%.
Shipping a motorcycle to Burundi from the USA is not an inexpensive venture. You have to consider the fact that it is the distance from the United States and the country is not so easy to access. The transport rate for motorcycles will depend on the specifics of your shipment. If you plan to move to Burundi, you will benefit from having your own motorcycle with you so you can get around from place to place when you want to.
Shipping a motorcycle is going to take a lot of time and money so you will need to hire an expert global auto shipping company, like our A1 Auto Transport Service. We have over twenty years of experience and can ship anywhere around the world. Our shipping agents know the ports to ship to that are close to Burundi, so you don't have a hard time getting your motorcycle to your door. We will help you every step of the way including finding all the necessary paperwork in order to start the process. Our shipping agents will help you by speaking to U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You will need to have the following documents with you when you begin the process of importing your motorcycle from the United States:
- Bill of sale
- Motorcycle registration
- Original title to your motorcycle which includes the chassis number, engine number, cubic capacity, make and model of the motorcycle
- Copy of Passport
- Driver’s license
- Bill of Lading
- Social Security Motorcycled
- Signed affidavit giving A1 Auto Transport Service to represent you at the port of exit and the port of entry when needed.
Prior to Shipping
It's important that you speak to our shipping agent to determine what the current rules and regulations are prior to your scheduled shipping date. They can also arrange for your motorcycle to be picked up at your home and driven to the port for shipping from the United States to Burundi. They can also watch for your motorcycle to arrive at the port near Burundi.
You will need to prepare your motorcycle for shipping which includes cleaning your motorcycle. You will need to remove all your personal items from the motorcycle. If you have any accessories on the exterior of your motorcycle that may fall off during transport you will need to remove it prior to your shipping date- helmet and the saddle bag. For more information call us or contact the Burundi Embassy in the USA.
How to Ship a Motorcycle to Burundi
You can ship to Burundi from the United States by choosing one of the two shipping methods: Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping.
- Roll On/ Roll Off, also known as RORO shipping is the most chosen method of shipping because it doesn't cost as much to ship this way. With this method of shipping, your motorcycle will be shipped by an open freight. It will be driven onto the deck of the ship and then braced down for the travel. Once your motorcycle reaches the expected port, it will then be driven off the ship and handed over to customs.
- Container shipping is another form of shipping. While this option, offers more protection from the weather and elements, it is affordable when you use a shared container. Container shipping allows you to ship personal items with your motorcycle at the same time so you can save money in that respect. Thus, whether you are shipping the motorcycle alone or with your household possessions, this works out best.