Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Burkina Faso
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a motorcycle from the U.S. to Burkina Faso is affordable and costs about $1650 to $2400, by using a shared container
- Logistics to ship will include freight shipment and land transportation as Burkina Faso is landlocked country
Located in the western part of Africa, Burkina Faso is a landlocked country with approximately 105,900 square miles in size. There are six countries surrounding Burkina Faso. These are Mali, Togo, Ghana, Niger, Benin and Ivory Coast. If you intend shipping your motorcycle here, it is important to know that there is a lot of documentation and procedures that you need to complete before it will be able to clear the U.S Customs and the Burkina Faso Customs Authority. We can assist you with planning and implementation of the whole shipping process as we have been in the global auto shipping industry for over 25 years. We have ample experience shipping various sized vehicles to many West African countries for years.
It is essential to ensure that all of the documentation is completed on time and submitted to the respective Custom departments in both the countries. We can help you organize and submit all of the relevant documents so that they can verify the ownership and authenticate the transit of the motorcycle. You will need to have a few copies of the following documents in order to import:
- Motorcycle condition report
- Original certificate of title and registration
- Non-sale certificate
- Commercial /purchase invoice
- Original passport
- S. Driver’s license
- International insurance policy
- Diplomatic exemption (as relevant)
- Original Bill of Lading
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost of Shipment
All vehicles that are imported to Burkina Faso have to pay the standard import taxes and duties. If you are doing a temporary import, you can expect to pay 6% of the CIF value. Motorcycles being imported will be charged a rate of 35 % of the CIF value.
The cheapest way to ship your motorcycle from the United States to Burkina Faso is the container shipping option. Most of the shipping companies use a large container for shipping a multitude of motorcycles together. This helps to share the space and the rate of shipping. However, if you are moving and are sending household goods alongside the motorcycle by container shipping, you will be able to fill up the container with your property that you will want to bring with you. Keep in mind; you will need to clear all items with customs before you can ship them.
Another way to ship to Burkina Faso is through Roll On Roll Off shipping. This form of shipping requires that the motorcycle you want to import is operational and can be driven onto the deck of a ship. You cannot have any other accessories like helmet or saddle bag alongside. It will also need to be cleaned before it is shipped.
Contact the Embassy of Burkina Faso to get more details about the current laws and regulations. We can assist you through the procedures and get a free quote today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory