How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Botswana
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For shipping motorcycles to Botswana from USA, the average cost is $2100 to $3,000 and is best to use East Coast ports.
- For damage-free and safe transit, consolidated container shipping might be the best option
Situated in the Southern region of the African sub-continent, Botswana is a landlocked country that is topographically flat and covers most parts of the Kalahari Desert. It shares its borders with South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Namibia. Apart from the cultural differences, the availability and ease of public transportation is diametrically opposite from USA. Thus, considering the differences, having your own means of transportation is an asset in this beautiful country.
Work With an Experienced Auto Shipping Service
However, as the distance and process of international shipping has to be considered. If you are planning to do it all on your own can be extremely complex. That is why it is best to work with us and we’ll make it a breeze. Our company is one of the pioneers in shipping vehicles globally and we have a large network of shipping agents working with us in Africa. This will ensure that irrespective of the city you are planning to move to in Botswana, we’ll be able to assist you to get your motorcycle there. Whether your motorcycle is new or used, it will be shipped to the Port of Durban. Our shipping agents will be there to get the necessary clearances and then ship your motorcycle to Botswana, without any problems. To get the latest updates on the current regulations, you can contact the Embassy of Botswana.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Submission of Vital Documents
It is important to provide the right documents needed to ensure that your motorcycle will clear customs both at the United States port of exit and Botswana’s closest port. Some documents you will need include:
- CE101 form and Application form IC.2
- Import permit/resident permit
- Motorcycle registration or a document proving ownership for 1 year
- The bill of sale with details of year, make, and model of the motorcycle
- Clearance certificate issued from the local authority
- Passport or photo ID
- Proof of Residence
There are taxes and import duties that have to be cleared. You can expect to pay 27% VAT and an additional 12% to the local authorities. Shipping cost and inspection will cost an additional 5%. However, there are no age restrictions on the motorcycle that you want to import, but you have to import it within 6 months of your arrival.
Methods of Shipment
You will need to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of shipping from the United States to Botswana. Methods of shipping that is accepted in Botswana include the Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping. If you choose the Roll On/ Roll Off method, your motorcycle will be secured by braces tied down or blocked in order to secure it for shipping. This method of shipping is the most affordable way and is the simplest way to ship. If you want a little more protection for your motorcycle, you will want to choose container shipping. With this method, your motorcycle will be placed inside of a container along with other motorcycles. You have the option of crating it for higher protection and safety during transit. If it is a luxury motorcycle or a superbike, you might want to get additional insurance.
Our shipping agent will give you a quote for the shipment from the United States to Botswana. There are many factors that will play a role in your final bill, including your chosen method of shipping, the size of your bike, and more.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory