How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Bangladesh
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Motorcycle shipping costs from USA to Bangladesh vary from $1350 to $1700 based on the distance and selected transit insurance
- It is easier if the motorcycle is shipped from New York or Baltimore port to Dhaka
Located in South Asia, Bangladesh is the 8th most populous country and shares its borders with Myanmar and India. Situated close to the Tropic of Cancer, the climate of the country is considered tropical with mild winters and hot summers. With better business and trade opportunities in the last few years, there has been higher scrutiny of import and export laws, making it easier to import your motorcycle here. If you are planning to move here, it helps to import your motorcycle as that would be the easiest way to navigate through the traffic on the roads.
Methods of Shipping
Roll-on/Roll-off shipment is the standard method used worldwide. Your motorcycle is driven on the ship’s deck and immobilised with the tyres in metal plates that are affixed to the deck and are also tethered. This severely restricts motion while in transit. Conversely, you have the option of choosing container shipping wherein your motorcycle together with other motorcycles is put within 20 feet or 40 feet containers. If it is an expensive motorcycle or you need additional protection, you have the option of creating it for increased safety.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Motorcycle Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Motorcycle Import Regulations
When you are shipping your motorcycle to Bangladesh from USA, there are plenty of motor vehicle regulations that need to be adhered to:
- Motorcycle cannot be over the age of 4 years
- You can only import from USA (country of origin) as import from any other country is not allowed.
- As per the certificate issues by the U.S manufacturer/reseller, it should have the age, chassis number and model of the car. This needs to be submitted to the Bangladesh Customs Authority.
It is important to work with an international shipping service, like our company. We are A-1 Auto Transport service with over 20 years of experience in shipping vehicles, including cars and motorcycles to South Asian countries. We understand how important it is to know that your motorcycle is in safe hands and that is why we ensure that you are kept abreast of the whole process till your motorcycle is delivered to you in Bangladesh.
Additionally, it is important to submit the requisite documents apart from the Letter of Intent to the U.S Customs and Border Protection service. The same set of documents are needed by the Bangladesh Customs Authority, which includes
- Original Passport
- Work Permit copy
- Certificate of Country of Origin
- Title and Registration Certificate of the motorcycle
- Purchase Invoice to validate age
- Original Bill Of Lading
- Letter of Authorization
When you are looking at the cost of shipping your motorcycle to Bangladesh, you need to consider that the import tax on 150cc motorcycle is 25% and an additional VAT of 15%. However, all of this is calculated on the evaluated value of the motorcycle. To know more details of the import requirements, you can contact the Bangladesh Customs Department for the latest information.